EBay madness

Marcyg

Not my area of interest or expertise but I recall a posting a little while back about a Rovex Plunger Princess going stratospheric. One to watch for the next week?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVEX-TRI-ANG-MK1-PRINCESS-ELIZABETH-PLUNGER-PICK-UPS-/281444659109?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item418768afa5

That was for a ROLLER fitted Princess - the plunger one has a modest collectable value as the first 'normal' issue. I created the thread on the collectable/vintage thread after a roller one sold on ebay for around £400. Subsequently three were auctioned at SAS in Newbury with impeccable provenance and made an average of £1600 each.

Of course, it is these kinds of subtle differences that tend to get ordinary mortals unnecessarily excited (as in 'oooh, I've got one just like that one that just sold for thousands  - it's a different colour but otherwise exactly the same!') 

Edited by andyman7

From the makers of the previously acclaimed 'Streamlined Duchess in scrapyard condition' - another thorough research project has produced a sequel - 'Mallard A4 loco in scrapyard condition' complete with original pre war side valances!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scrapyard-00-GAUGE-A4-Mallard-loco-on-low-loader-heavily-rusted-and-weathered-/291249270990?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item43cfcf30ce

It gets better - 'abandoned rusted and weathered wagon' complete with freshly cut twig!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Abandoned-00-GAUGE-wagon-with-timber-load-heavily-rusted-and-weathered-/291248437520?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item43cfc27910

That is just quite stunning. Do you think if I ask, he will apply some rust to the giant twig as well?

Looking at his feedback he does appear to sell quite a lot of stuff in this condition rather strangely.

Looks like  he's buying locos via the Great British Steam Loco magazine for about £6 each, covering them in cr*p and selling them for almost £20. The new owners will has a surprise when they place them on their layouts only to discover that their cast wheels/axles causes a short circuit!!

Looking at his feedback he does appear to sell quite a lot of stuff in this condition rather strangely.

Looks like  he's buying locos via the Great British Steam Loco magazine for about £6 each, covering them in cr*p and selling them for almost £20. The new owners will has a surprise when they place them on their layouts only to discover that their cast wheels/axles causes a short circuit!!

Just to add that frisson of danger, he might even be a Forum subscriber here....!!

From the makers of the previously acclaimed 'Streamlined Duchess in scrapyard condition' - another thorough research project has produced a sequel - 'Mallard A4 loco in scrapyard condition' complete with original pre war side valances!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scrapyard-00-GAUGE-A4-Mallard-loco-on-low-loader-heavily-rusted-and-weathered-/291249270990?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item43cfcf30ce

It gets better - 'abandoned rusted and weathered wagon' complete with freshly cut twig!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Abandoned-00-GAUGE-wagon-with-timber-load-heavily-rusted-and-weathered-/291248437520?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item43cfc27910

The TRESTROL looks about to be scrapped too (It would probably need to be after having been (over)loaded with an A4). The white is obviously down to passing seagulls or other large incontinent birds, but what is all that mud?

99p seems about right for an early Tri-ang bogie bolster, but the exorbitant postage makes it non-viable! Pity it's been b***ered up, it's unusual to find one that isn't warped.

EDIT for early morning finger trouble.

Edited by Il Grifone

Yes and with the idea that any (free) publicity is good publicity. If people buy it, good luck to him.

What is more he has 3000 positive feedbacks and as a pleased customer says "Awesome model super detail".

£4.15 packing and postage is not excessive these days, if the model is packed well it takes time as well as the materials.

Good luck to him I say.

Tony

What is more he has 3000 positive feedbacks and as a pleased customer says "Awesome model super detail".

£4.15 packing and postage is not excessive these days, if the model is packed well it takes time as well as the materials.

Good luck to him I say.

Tony

There is even a website which they advertises and sell through

The TRESTROL looks about to be scrapped too (It would probably need to be after having been (over)loaded with an A4). The white is obviously duing to passing seagulls or other large incontinent birds, but what is all that mud?

99p seems about right for an early Tri-ang bogie bolster, but the exorbitant postage makes it non-viable! Pity it's been b***ered up, it's unusual to find one that isn't warped.

Mallard - duck - pond -  mud - there's the link!

Great so I now am getting emails from Ebay "still interested in"....A piece of sh*** that I can only have accessed via this thread

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATLAS-MODEL-TRAIN-PACIFIC-CHAPELON-NORD-ON-WOODEN-BASE-BRASS-PLAGUE-/201163939295?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2ed64e1ddf

"Give it another chance"  - nope avoid like the plague.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lima-Trains-Golden-Series-British-Rail-train-Set-Vintage-Mod-149810-VGC-/281422166401?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4186117981

120 notes for a vin ordinaire Lima Class 117 dmu?  I know greedfBay is full of optimistic dreamers but is this Gosturde's apprentice boy? 

Good luck to him I say.

Tony

I didn't intend that £4.15 was exorbitant considering postal charges (£2.60) box and packing etc.(though other sellers do charge less), just in relation to the item which is almost worthless.

• RMweb Gold

There certainly is a market for this sort of stuff.

I recall seeing a programme  recently about 'obsessive' collectors. One chap had half his upstairs with shelves full of beer cans. Some seemingly with an absurdly high value.

Each to their own I suppose. The same could be applied to collectors in our hobby! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lima-Trains-Golden-Series-British-Rail-train-Set-Vintage-Mod-149810-VGC-/281422166401?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4186117981

120 notes for a vin ordinaire Lima Class 117 dmu?  I know greedfBay is full of optimistic dreamers but is this Gosturde's apprentice boy? 

I'd better leave mine alone - I was going to paint/detail/modify it! :O :no:

I recall seeing a programme  recently about 'obsessive' collectors. One chap had half his upstairs with shelves full of beer cans. Some seemingly with an absurdly high value.

Each to their own I suppose. The same could be applied to collectors in our hobby! 

But trains are fun, worthwhile, useful etc......  A beer can is for recycling (or not?) (and don't collectors want them full?).

• RMweb Premium

But trains are fun, worthwhile, useful etc......  A beer can is for recycling (or not?) (and don't collectors want them full?).

As was said above you could find plenty of full ones alongside the tracks, except they would have all rusted away by now.

This person has purchased Invicta Models limited edition for selling straight on for a profit of £100. Note however the coaches are still available new for £75 for the pair but the CCTV van was sold out on pre orders

Glad I pre-ordered mine but some genuine modellers are going to lose out

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-39-001W-MK1-RTC-Coach-Twin-Pack-10-11-39-553Z-MK1-CCT-Laboratory-/191342650467?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2c8ce92463

Then there are the vacuum cleaner collectors.....