EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Here I am again......................I have it back on  a pallette in our business unit.

What am I to do......I need the space desparately in the unit.

What are my legal options..??????    HELP...!!!!!! :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

I think you might have to threaten to return his money, as he clearly doesn't want the item, and relist it on eBay.

Either that, or - if you know where the joker lives - arrange to have it dumped on his doorstep.

Edited by Horsetan

Here I am again.................if you are following this saga.....it gets even better.

As you can see the item was returned to me because it couldnt be delivered, and was not collected from the city link hub by the guy who bought it....but I told the city link guy on the 7 th Nov. I dont want it back....so he took it away again.

Yes...............you guessed it..............its back again....today the 26th November it was returned to me again....City Link saying they have no option but return it to me or dispose of it.

I did email this guy to say it had been returned the first time....but I'm not going to bother this time......I have it back on  a pallette in our business unit.

Bob

As a postman I can tell you this happens a lot, either the person has moved and not changed their address, or they moved shortly after buying the item.

The answer is to put on the item, if undelivered "DO NOT RETURN TO SENDER",  e-mail him to say it is being sent with these instructions.

As a postman I can tell you this happens a lot, either the person has moved and not changed their address, or they moved shortly after buying the item.

The answer is to put on the item, if undelivered "DO NOT RETURN TO SENDER",  e-mail him to say it is being sent with these instructions.

Hi,

Despatch the item back to the purchaser by Yodel.

Based on my experience you will probably never hear of the item again - neither will the purchaser.

Problem solved.

Regards

Edit to corect person in first line - I accidently put 'seller' instead of 'purchaser'.

Edited by TheWeatheringMan

• RMweb Gold

Here I am again.................if you are following this saga.....it gets even better.

As you can see the item was returned to me because it couldnt be delivered, and was not collected from the city link hub by the guy who bought it....but I told the city link guy on the 7 th Nov. I dont want it back....so he took it away again.

Yes...............you guessed it..............its back again....today the 26th November it was returned to me again....City Link saying they have no option but return it to me or dispose of it.

I did email this guy to say it had been returned the first time....but I'm not going to bother this time......I have it back on  a pallette in our business unit.

Bob

Personally, I think you have fallen for the egg under the hat trick.

The purchaser hasn't got enough room to store it either, so whilst you and the Post Office are shuffling around between yourselves, you are giving him free storage and time to make some space in his workshop,

Mike.

Personally, I think you have fallen for the egg under the hat trick.

The purchaser hasn't got enough room to store it either, so whilst you and the Post Office are shuffling around between yourselves, you are giving him free storage and time to make some space in his workshop,

Mike.

What really surprises me is that not only has this guy paid for the goods.....but it was a collection only item, so he has also paid city link to come and collect it.???????????????????????

Three hundred quid for a Fencehouses 2FS loco kit???

The seller is also the dreamer behind TwoMM Locomotives, I think.

Hi,

I'm not sure that this one actually qualifies as 'madness'.

The advert makes it clear that the sale includes motor, gears and wheels - and considering the cost of these items if purchased separatly to a kit the price on the expected bids does not appear at all unreasonable.

Looking at the 'Buy it Now' price of £300 it states that for that price the kit can be fully built and painted - is £300 actually that unreasonable for a model of that type - provided of course that the kit is properly constructed and then painted and finished to a good standard.

What any buyer should be getting for his money could be a professionaly built locomotive.

I think that perhaps this one isnt so 'mad' if looked at in this way.

Regards

Bob

I think you will have sell up and move - and prey that nobody finds out where you've gone! 

That way you might never see it again (or will you!!!!!)

Bob

Bob

Think you need to be carefull here as legally you no longer own the item.

May be best to refer this back to eBay.

You could email him and give him seven days to,arrange collection and that after that you will charge him a storage fee which equates to the purchase price you may then be able to sell the goods to,reclaim your loss if he does not collect it .

Could be legal minefield may be advisable to get EBay to return his payment and then you can probably legally resell.

Well the plastic box said ESCAP RG4 on it so...................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ESCA-RG4-MOTOR-for-00-locos-/361130505144?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item54150e33b8

Another professional dealer (over 100 items for sale) that does not know what a Portescap is.........

Tony

From  quick search on Google "Portescap" appears to be the gearbox manufacturer, RG4 being one of their item suitable foe )) scale

Sorry end of text should have said "for 00 scale"

Well the plastic box said ESCAP RG4 on it so...................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ESCA-RG4-MOTOR-for-00-locos-/361130505144?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item54150e33b8

Another professional dealer (over 100 items for sale) that does not know what a Portescap is.........

Tony

He changed the description after I mailed him and sold it immediately!

Tony

Listed in Collectables>Trains/ Railway Models>OO Gauge>Animals & Scenery.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50x-1-32-1-35-SCALE-FLEXIBLE-SANDBAGS-MILITARY-WARGAMING-FARM-54mm-DIORAMA-20013-/141363450983?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item20e9eb1467

and

50x FLEXIBLE SANDBAGS
SCALE: 1:32/1:35
MADE BY: JUWEELA

How can something 14 yrs plus old be new????????

And sine when does 1:32/1:35 correlate to 00 gauge???????

Good if you have a big flood I suppose!!!!!!!!

For just £140 you can recreate your very own replica of a scenario where a train driver subsequently died of injuries sustained during the real life event!

Poor taste in my opinion!!

Hi,

Whilst as a former railwayman I hold the despicable scum who commited the crime beneath contempt we need to keep to the facts.

Driver Jack Mills did not die of injuries sustained during the crime.

He died several years later of a medical condition that the doctors stated was not connected with the head injury from the crime.

Whilst the unnecessary violence he suffered did effect his health it did not directly lead to his death.

Please keep to the facts out of respect for Jack Mills.

I do agree with you however that the advert is in very poor taste - as was the diorama built by a model railway club - whilst the crime was a significant (but in the greater scheme of thing a minor) event in our railway history I feel we should not in any way 'publicise' it within the hobby by exhibiting a model.

Regards

Edited by TheWeatheringMan
  • Like 2