RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

No need to complain, just don't buy it...!!

I'm not that familiar with eBay anymore, and am wondering if the "no sale, no fee" listings have anything to do with someone taking chances like this...?

• RMweb Gold

............. That guy's some dreamer, hey laugh.gif

Oh, I don't know. He seems to have made a steady living out of 'mint' collectables. After all that's all they are........! The 'collectors' market seems as healthy as ever.....each to their own, as they say!

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but looking on the Ace Trains web site a new RTR Schools is £495 including VAT.

Ed

Possibly an earlier batch with a different running number (well I can't think of any other distinction ;) ). Or maybe he's just trying very hard having bought it in at too high a price?

Guest baldrick25

Think RAILS might be exagerating here though:-

Ebay-Rails

Text (below the custom section below the Ebay usual bit)

Bachmann 'OO' GAUGE

RAKE OF 4 37-675A 14 TON TANK WAGON 'MOBIL'

DCC READY

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but looking on the Ace Trains web site a new RTR Schools is £495 including VAT.

Ed

Ah yes, my mistake. Hadn't realized ACE trains RTR model locos are about the same price as DJH kits.....

As a result of some research after reading Jim S-W's post:

Thanks for the list Phil

The citreon dx could be handy but they are commanding mega £££s on the bay!

Cheers

Jim

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Matchbox-No-45-and-No-66-Passenger-Cars-2262-/330427761112?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN#ht_3556wt_911

• RMweb Premium

"Reasonable Condition" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The sort of thing I would pick up at a car boot sale for 50p, strip the paint of it and respray. (Did I just hear a 'collector' having a seizure in the background?)

"Reasonable Condition" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

The sort of thing I would pick up at a car boot sale for 50p, strip the paint of it and respray. (Did I just hear a 'collector' having a seizure in the background?)

Honestly, either we are missing a trick here somewhere and these things are truely worth this value for some unknown reason, or is it that these lunatic dealers think that people will pay these sorry amounts of money for junk toys, but more than likely there are some people who will pay it.

• RMweb Gold

No, it's not madness by any means, but it is bizarre to say the least. Did they actually think they'd finished the mating of body to chassis?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BODYKIT-OO-BR-BLUE-CLASS-23-D5905-DIESEL-LOCO-/130419969281?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models#ht_5080wt_1137

looks like an A1 Models kit to me, would be better on a Lima 20 chassis ......

• RMweb Gold

Mmmm ! which one to chose?

Let me see , this one:-

loco1

or this one:-

loco2

Just can't decide! --- not.

Easy innit - you get 'go-faster' stripes and save about 180 quid, no competition. (I really ought to check back and see what he paid for some of this stuff as I know where some of it comes from, no wonder the prices there are so high :blink: )