EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Gold

He has an eclectic mix of other items for sale too.

He certainly has a wide range of 'hobbies'  :jester:    Then again, maybe he is a footy fan....and therefore deserves our sympathy.......

I don't follow football; I'm a Leeds United fan.

He certainly has a wide range of 'hobbies'  :jester:    Then again, maybe he is a footy fan....and therefore deserves our sympathy.......

I don't follow football; I'm a Leeds United fan.

Just remember though.

If you follow the England football team,

You now exactly what it feels like being a Leeds Utd fan.

A rather strange and unusual choice of livery - not sure what it is meant to represent. 

However, that said, whoever has done has done this has actually done a relatively good paint job to a reasonable standard which compares well with some of the dreadful repaints, weathered catastrophes and scrapyard disasters that appear on these pages each week!

An unusual thing to do but somebody seems to have taken their time over it - for whatever reason.

• RMweb Gold

A rather strange and unusual choice of livery - not sure what it is meant to represent. 

However, that said, whoever has done has done this has actually done a relatively good paint job to a reasonable standard which compares well with some of the dreadful repaints, weathered catastrophes and scrapyard disasters that appear on these pages each week!

An unusual thing to do but somebody seems to have taken their time over it - for whatever reason.

Indeed, still very odd though.

This is more nit-picking, but in my search for a Hornby T9, I came accros this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R2830-OO-Gauge-4-4-0-Class-T9-Super-Detail-Loco-in-BR-Lined-Black-Livery-/141790026485?hash=item2103581af5

I had to do a double take on its condition, looked at the price, and thought "What's the odds they've described it as 'Mint', given it's blatently not?"

Bent/Missing footplate lamp irons
Bent smokebox door lamp iron
Whistle snapped off
Tender cab handrails broken
Bent tender lamp iron

Tender brake shoes heavily bent outwards

Regards,

Matt

• RMweb Gold

Ok, this makes no sense to me.....  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281822324348?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

£205 with a day to go.  Surely for less than that you could get one repainted!

Cheers,

Paul

Looks like a newbie getting hooked on the 'excitement' of auctions - though what the (currently) 2nd placed bidder is doing who knows?

Looks like a newbie getting hooked on the 'excitement' of auctions - though what the (currently) 2nd placed bidder is doing who knows?

He's just clicking on the fixed amount buttons that Ebay has nowadays, instead of actually entering an amount.

Probably easier if you are using a phone or tablet.

Also has the advantage that some people still seem to think that bidding like that is shill bidder by the seller and so wont bid on the action.

Jim