EBay madness

Marcyg

Perhaps its to go with Tri-ang's orginal track cleaning car? R344, Tri-ang must have sold a zillion.

Possibly but that doesn't have buffers - it's supposedly a box car* (modified from the original T.C. series moulding).

* Presumably North American, though the actual regional location of the range was indeterminate - some appeared in North American and Australian liveries later.

Possibly but that doesn't have buffers - it's supposedly a box car* (modified from the original T.C. series moulding).

* Presumably North American, though the actual regional location of the range was indeterminate - some appeared in North American and Australian liveries later.

No, the Track Cleaning Car didn't have buffers...

Made in several variants...

Black with Cast Metal Bogies.

Black with Plastic Bogies.

Green with Plastic Bogies.

Red with Plastic bogies, and later ones with finer flanges!

If it had survived a bit longer, there would have been yellow ones....

Oh dear....that may well give someone ideas! :O

The body was a re-tooling of the first, short, box-car, but without the opening sliding doors.

The roof has two tabs so that it is a "push fit", and there is a large die-cast box with slots for the cleaning cloth mounted in the centre....

First marketed to use a not very friendly chemical, later the instructions were changed to use Methalated Spirit!

The Hornby Dublo Shop (Conduit Street I think) in London used a Tri-ang Track Cleaning Car on the shop layout, but ran it first thing in the morning when hopefully no one was watching....

This led to the HD Track Cleaning Mineral Wagon (Re-tooled from the earlier cast metal bodied wagon).

This used the same "technology" as the Wills Track Cleaning Wagons (For Hornby (Dublo) and Tri-ang.)

These were based on the 12" to 1 foot scale SECR Southern Raiway Track Cleaning Wagon, used on the incline down to Folkstone harbour, but with "roll your own" cigarette filters instead of wire brushes!

Edited by Sarahagain

There are times when I thought the works of gostude and others were bad, but... Really?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/weathered-locomotive-OO-gauge-class-92-diesel-heavily-rusted-ref-1d-/302006214173?hash=item4650f91e1d:g:geUAAOSwzJ5XaE2B

If there wasn't enough things that pinged up in my mind when seeing this - Class 92, Diesel, Heavily and Rusted? Is there something DBC & GBRf don't know about these electrics?

"A unique static model, hand painted by professional artist depicting an abandoned rusted weathered loco"

Edited by surfsup

No, the Track Cleaning Car didn't have buffers...

Made in several variants...

Black with Cast Metal Bogies.

Black with Plastic Bogies.

Green with Plastic Bogies.

Red with Plastic bogies, and later ones with finer flanges!

If it had survived a bit longer, there would have been yellow ones....

Oh dear....that may well give someone ideas! :O

The body was a re-tooling of the first, short, box-car, but without the opening sliding doors.

The roof has two tabs so that it is a "push fit", and there is a large die-cast box with slots for the cleaning cloth mounted in the centre....

First marketed to use a not very friendly chemical, later the instructions were changed to use Methalated Spirit!

The Hornby Dublo Shop (Conduit Street I think) in London used a Tri-ang Track Cleaning Car on the shop layout, but ran it first thing in the morning when hopefully no one was watching....

This led to the HD Track Cleaning Mineral Wagon (Re-tooled from the earlier cast metal bodied wagon).

This used the same "technology" as the Wills Track Cleaning Wagons (For Hornby (Dublo) and Tri-ang.)

These were based on the 12" to 1 foot scale SECR Southern Raiway Track Cleaning Wagon, used on the incline down to Folkstone harbour, but with "roll your own" cigarette filters instead of wire brushes!

I have several of the Tri-ang ones, though one lacks a roof. I must see if they work one day.... My Wills one certainly isn't all that effective* - I have a second one which a previous owner had backdated to a normal 3 plank SECR open - I believe they were originally ballast wagons and only one was converted to a track cleaning wagon.

* This was originally a kit and later sold ready assembled and painted all-over dark grey. It takes the full size filters rather than the 'slim' type.

I have a project to modify a Dublo die-cast mineral wagon into a replica track cleaning wagon. The genuine article comes with a hefty price tag! :O Reproduction transfers were available once upon a time....

Back to the original item - this is the G & D's  no. 13  'Emma'  (with a relative of the dreaded tension lock in the background)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/cf/69/c4/cf69c4df40fd3097bf237d7bf881e7f8.jpg

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

There are times when I thought the works of gostude and others were bad, but... Really?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/weathered-locomotive-OO-gauge-class-92-diesel-heavily-rusted-ref-1d-/302006214173?hash=item4650f91e1d:g:geUAAOSwzJ5XaE2B

If there wasn't enough things that pinged up in my mind when seeing this - Class 92, Diesel, Heavily and Rusted? Is there something DBC & GBRf don't know about these electrics?

"A unique static model, hand painted by professional artist depicting an abandoned rusted weathered loco"

The worrying part is he has sold 103 of various types, at an average of £25 a time, in the last month according to his eBay feedback  :O . 

Now whats the saying about a fool and his money ...........  :jester:

There are times when I thought the works of gostude and others were bad, but... Really?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/weathered-locomotive-OO-gauge-class-92-diesel-heavily-rusted-ref-1d-/302006214173?hash=item4650f91e1d:g:geUAAOSwzJ5XaE2BIf there wasn't enough things that pinged up in my mind when seeing this - Class 92, Diesel, Heavily and Rusted? Is there something DBC & GBRf don't know about these electrics?"A unique static model, hand painted by professional artist depicting an abandoned rusted weathered loco"

And they have used 92041 Vaughan Williams for this one - which I remember right this was a beatties limited edition of only 300 models!

The worrying part is he has sold 103 of various types, at an average of £25 a time, in the last month according to his eBay feedback  :O . 

Now whats the saying about a fool and his money ...........  :jester:

I must admit some leave a lot to be desired, like the 92 and HST power car, and even the prototype DELTIC? really! but others, like the black 5 and bullieds look quite good. if I was modelling a preserved railway in the 1970's/80's id plumb for one for display.

This one cropped up on NGF - in a continuing series on 'professional' work done on railway items...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-31-075-BR-Class-46-Peak-Re-numbered-to-46011-Weathered-and-detailed/272280234235?_trksid=p2060778.c100276.m3476&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140725133651%26meid%3Db7acd6872fdb4dd0b0787353f51ea5ac%26pid%3D100276%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D112046529050

Obviously the renumberer ran out of the proper font when changing this one...

Edited by talisman56

Model in excellent cosmetic condition. Boxed with expected shelfwear. Remember, this is a used model, if you want new then please buy new, it will have some signs of use as expected of something that has been used. Ask questions before bidding/buying (code B22203)

Obviously a defination of "excellent" that I was hitherto unanware of? ;)

Edited by Sarahagain

Maybe not quite in the same league of madness, but this made me go "errrr... what?" - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-Class-60-in-MAINLINE-branding-re-numbered-to-60102-/112054893910?hash=item1a16fdfd56:g:4LQAAOSwAPlXhUmQ

Bachmann...?  And 60102?  Why 102?!!!

Obviously in the "wrong box"....as the box is a Hornby one, with "Hornby" printed upon it? ;)

Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to what this is? Bonus points available for anyone who can explain why it might be worth the tenner BIN price.

Edited by PatB

And, whilst it's not quite madness yet, this seems to be getting up there considering the amount of work it needs and the fact that the castings look like they were a bit questionable from new.

Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to what this is? Bonus points available for anyone who can explain why it might be worth the tenner BIN price.

Given its dimensions it is a 7mm narrow gauge brake van running on 16.5mm track. However how well it runs given those inside bearings and the alignment of the axles, I hate to think!

Tony

Doesn't mean it's immediately available from Kemilway. Their availability / delivery / contact times can be, er, legendary.

Item appears to have been taken down. Any hints?

$_14.JPG$_14.JPG

Still working for me...

Bachmann PLANK COAL WAGON - ESSO BRANDED

Bachmann COAL WAGON ESSO BRAND ALL VERY NICE CONDITION
UNBOXED GREAT COUPLINGS

And they have used 92041 Vaughan Williams for this one - which I remember right this was a beatties limited edition of only 300 models!

Could it not be the Lima one-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lima-204777-Class-92-No-92041-Vaughan-Williams-Suit-Hornby-/131858755409?hash=item1eb364ef51:g:9wMAAOSwMHdXRxqy

No connection to link which is just to show the Lima model.

Edited by royaloak

• RMweb Gold