EBay madness

Marcyg

Like the horse/mule wagon, the door not being full height (and narrow) is the problem. Oil could well be carried in an open wagon in drums.Tri-ang did them as a load for their open wagon once upon a time. AFAIK the only 'Esso' P.O. wagons were tanks.

Edited by Il Grifone

As the seller has 81 identical items I assume it was a free listing day or something and he meant to amend them witht he correct details and reduce the price to the correct level.  Neither of which he has done!

This is what gives flea-bay and sellers a bad name.

Tony

I wonder how they kept the oil from sloshing over the sides.

There is another, possibly more obvious thing with this listing...

Bachmann PLANK COAL WAGON - ESSO BRANDED

Bachmann COAL WAGON ESSO BRAND ALL VERY NICE CONDITION
UNBOXED GREAT COUPLINGS

Since when is a steel mineral wagon a "Plank Wagon"?  Or is it for carrying planks?  :scratchhead:

Or is there another meaning of the term "plank" in mind?????  ;)
Edited by Sarahagain
  • Like 1

There is another, possibly more obvious thing with this listing...

Since when is a steel mineral wagon a "Plank Wagon"?  Or is it for carrying planks?  :scratchhead:

Or is there another meaning of the term "plank" in mind?????  ;)

It's made from one plank of steel :jester:.

• Like 1

There was healthy and profitable extensive shale oil mining in Mid Lothian for about 80 years. Lightmoor have done a very interesting book uopn it.  The internal railways were extensive feeding to the processing plants and disposing of the waste to huge 'Bings' However only the finished product was despatched on the public railways by tank, not the shale.

Tony

Thanks for that. I was unaware of this industry. As I noted in my post, the possible use of 16 tonners was based on an assumption of extraction and processing operations being more remote from one another.

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

The Mary Shelley School of Modelling has closed for the summer but you can enrol soon for the autumn term no doubt. An example from one of this year's grads:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-GAUGE-BATTERY-POWERED-BR-BLUE-DIESEL-SHUNTER-LOCOMOTIVE-D2852-/201622485267?hash=item2ef1a2f913%3Ag%3AjlEAAOSwRgJXhhsP&nma=true&si=4M6Cn%2B4leV%2FubJaJPvDISNH3JBY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by Metr0Land

The Mary Shelley School of Modelling has closed for the summer but you can enrol soon for the autumn term no doubt. An example from one of this year's grads:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-GAUGE-BATTERY-POWERED-BR-BLUE-DIESEL-SHUNTER-LOCOMOTIVE-D2852-/201622485267?hash=item2ef1a2f913%3Ag%3AjlEAAOSwRgJXhhsP&nma=true&si=4M6Cn%2B4leV%2FubJaJPvDISNH3JBY%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

"This listing has ended....".

Just as well, really.

Goes to show that Rails really will buy anything, if you're having a clear out...

• RMweb Premium