Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Yet more Ebay Madness....there has been an auction for an 'EXPO' branded  'Oil Pen'.....New old stock it seems....

These are £4.50 from Gaugemaster, with a Free Postage option....

This one went for £5.50 plus £1.95 P&P!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/312173122362?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

Another Ebay seller wil send you one for around £6.99 with Free Postage.....

Gaugemasters free postage option applies to orders of £15 or more, below that they charge £2,50 and having just looked / searched Gaugemasters web site they do not appear to stock any Expo products. They do have their own (which is probably the Expo one repackaged) at £4.95.From Expo it is £5.95 + £4 postage/

Gaugemasters free postage option applies to orders of £15 or more, below that they charge £2,50 and having just looked / searched Gaugemasters web site they do not appear to stock any Expo products. They do have their own (which is probably the Expo one repackaged) at £4.95.From Expo it is £5.95 + £4 postage/

Funny that....

I have just this week received the new PECO Catalogue from Gaugemaster, for £4.50....with free P&P! ;)

I agrre that the oil thing is the Gaugemaster Branded item....Badge Engineering?

• Like 2

Having just sold a loco on Ebay , which has been paid for , the address for delivery comes up as :-

ARGOS in Sainsbury's
eCP:XXXXXXXXX 30 Mere Green Road

Sutton Coldfield

The XX has been amended as it appears to be a code for delivery but is otherwise accurate.  Why would I be sending my loco that has just sold to

ARGOS in Sainsbury's..  Anyone had anything similar or is it suspect?

• RMweb Premium

Having just sold a loco on Ebay , which has been paid for , the address for delivery comes up as :-

ARGOS in Sainsbury's

Sutton Coldfield

The XX has been amended as it appears to be a code for delivery but is otherwise accurate.  Why would I be sending my loco that has just sold to

Did you select click and collect as a delivery option?

It's a relatively new delivery option, though why anyone would want to go to Argos to collect an item eludes me.

When you live near an Argos, as I do, then it is a good idea. No "Sorry you were out when we drove our van past your door" cards, and a trip to some obscure out of town depot; you can collect at the time you want, once you have been notified.

When you live near an Argos, as I do, then it is a good idea. No "Sorry you were out when we drove our van past your door" cards, and a trip to some obscure out of town depot; you can collect at the time you want, once you have been notified.

True, though in my case the Post Office collection depot is nearer than Argos (about half the distance) and closer to a bus stop.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

What's an Argos? They've closed all of them down around here and replaced them with pick up points in nearby Sainsbury's.

Pretty useless really.

ARGOS in Sainsbury's

Sutton Coldfield

Ebay has been offering buyers the option to pick up from an Argos store of their choice for some time now...

It can be useful for people who are usually 'not at home' for deliveries, and costs the Buyer and the Seller nothing extra. (Which makes a refreshing change foe Ebay. ;) )

I have used Argos for collection of big, expensive items a couple of times now...

The buyer pays the same P&P, and the Seller posts it to the selected Argos. (Though it can be worth while checking the address on the Royal Mail Postcode Checker, as Ebay's version is not always as complete as the Royal Mail Approved address....Yes, I have done this!)

https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode

The code is indeed a reference code.

I do suppose that Argos may even pay Ebay for this option, as a way of getting 'footfall' into the Argos Stores....

Did you select click and collect as a delivery option?

I think you will find that the Seller has to DESELECT the Argos collection option.....standard Ebay options....you have to opt out!

As it is an Ebay approved option, as long as the package has a tracked proof of delivery to the Argos, it should be no more of a problem as sending to any other address.

I have not seen any proof of the item being collected though.....if the buyer decides not to leave Feedback, there seems no easy way to check.....But no problem if the Buyer actually gets the item and stays quiet! ;)

That said, I have had instances of a Royal Mail 'Signed For' item being delivered with no signature or tracking done....The Royal Mail Track & Trace site saying it was in the system, when the buyer had confirmed delivery with Feedback....

Something that worries me a bit!

Edited by Sarahagain

• RMweb Premium

Sometime ago, they seem to have introduced a min £10 order for C&C. It came soon after the Sainsbury/Argos take over. I'm not sure if that's still the case

Edited by rab

Click and collect was very useful when Argos was in the middle of town, now its either on the other side of town in a Sainsburys superstore or a couple of miles to the east further on the other side of town and a good bit more as its own large store (can't really call it superstore) - another barking mad move by Sainsburys, needless to say the staff in the instore one look bored stiff most of the time and sales must have plummeted. One thing to watch if buying two C&C items together is that you have to specify C&C on both otherwise one goes C&C and the other to your normal address.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hornby-R4762-GWR-Collett-Corridor-Composite-RH-coach-6531-BNIB/223078930581?epid=2264582370&hash=item33f08a5895%3Ag%3ALWkAAOSwJiJbJ7N6&LH_PrefLoc=1&_pgn=5&_sacat=180250&_nkw=model+trains&_from=R40&rt=nc

That is over 100GBP posted!

Check out the prices of their other items, ridiculous even for Oz.

These clowns post their wares everyday on OzEbay, I cannot understand how they sell anything at the ludicrous prices they ask, but they have feedback, all of it good.. perhaps they come from a large family!!

Hope you have a good laff!

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

Edited by 45568

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hornby-R4762-GWR-Collett-Corridor-Composite-RH-coach-6531-BNIB/223078930581?epid=2264582370&hash=item33f08a5895%3Ag%3ALWkAAOSwJiJbJ7N6&LH_PrefLoc=1&_pgn=5&_sacat=180250&_nkw=model+trains&_from=R40&rt=nc

These clowns post their wares everyday on OzEbay, I cannot understand how they sell anything at the ludicrous prices they ask, but they have feedback, all of it good.. perhaps they come from a large family!!

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

A big family or lots of friends because good feedback is often not what it looks like  :nea:

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

Postage charge is excessive within Oz too at $20. Nearer $10 would be closer to the mark.

Interesting selection of CandC pickups though. There's one at an ice-cream shop near me, which I really wouldn't have figured as a parcel handling facility.