EBay madness

Marcyg

Click the word "listing". It is a link to the item you wanted to view.

Yes, but it's still annoying. It switches as soon as an item ends, so you can't even see by how much you were outbid  without hassle.

I think everything he's selling is either RARE or collectable.  He's even got some rare  collectable Lima.  The only thing he hasn't got is some AWESOME stuff

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOBLOT-of-Vintage-Lima-Coaches-Hornby-Wagons-VGC-Some-Rare-Collectable/232869874200?hash=item3638204a18:g:92EAAOSw4fZbYKu6

The only things there that might possibly be classed as rare are the coaches, which you can't even see....

• RMweb Premium

Our man from Cartmel.

I don't think it has and he is........

• RMweb Premium

From the above 'usual culprit'

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAIETY-KIT-BUILT-SCALE-00-MODEL-NoXX-GWR-CLASS-57XX-0-6-0T-PANNIER-TANK-LOCO/302596754921?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D52945%26meid%3D34e29b6ccbf64237982692a71fcb76d7%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D2%26sd%3D401473830113%26itm%3D302596754921&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Someone obviously started to detail it and then realised they were flogging the proverbial dead horse and gave up. Note that, despite the exorbitant price (they usually sell for around a fiver or so), it has no motor.

It claims to be a '5700' but IMHO is actually a '2721' (note the chimney, running plate valance and steps), but always reminds me of the old joke: "If I wuz you sur, I wouldn't start frum yur!"

• RMweb Gold

It's probably rare to find it in any box at all....

Oh good. Does that mean there's a market for my empty track boxes?

Edited by BoD
  • Like 1

I particularly like this one;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rosebud-Kitmaster-SNCF-24IP29-Railway-Train-Model-1970-circa-Vintage-toy-49/390771744866?hash=item5afbcfa062%3Ag%3A4vkAAOxy63FS~Knp&_sacat=180250&_nkw=rosebud+kitmaster&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2505460.m570.l2632.R2.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xrosebud+kit.TRS0

You may wish to purchase a suitable tender from the very same emporium for a shiny penny under a whole fifty pounds, bargain !

That said I have no idea where you might get a cab for a reasonable sum.

Gibbo.

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium

I particularly like this one;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rosebud-Kitmaster-SNCF-24IP29-Railway-Train-Model-1970-circa-Vintage-toy-49/390771744866?hash=item5afbcfa062%3Ag%3A4vkAAOxy63FS~Knp&_sacat=180250&_nkw=rosebud+kitmaster&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2505460.m570.l2632.R2.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xrosebud+kit.TRS0

You may wish to purchase a suitable tender from the very same emporium for a shiny penny under a whole fifty pounds, bargain !

That said I have no idea where you might get a cab for a reasonable sum.

Gibbo.

This seems someone who is trying to outdo Gostude & Co. but with a load of cra junk.

The price for the unfortunate SNCF loco and her tender are rather more than an unbuilt kit would cost I feel. This kit was rather ill advised. Being expensive (12/6d IIRC) and a foreign prototype it did not sell well in this country and, being 4mm scale, it didn't in France. Italian and German prototypes suffered the same fate (Gr 835  0-6-0T and Br 23 2-6-2).

Here's a better one at half the price (I wouldn't say, "Superb" but she's not bad).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KITMASTER-OO-NO-23-231P-SNCF-MOUNTAIN-LOCO-TENDER-241P29-SUPERB-PRE-BUILT-/263825158182

Edited by Il Grifone

This seems someone who is trying to outdo Gostude & Co. but with a load of cra junk.

The price for the unfortunate SNCF loco and her tender are rather more than an unbuilt kit would cost I feel. This kit was rather ill advised. Being expensive (12/6d IIRC) and a foreign prototype it did not sell well in this country and, being 4mm scale, it didn't in France. Italian and German prototypes suffered the same fate (Gr 835 0-6-0T and Br 23 2-6-2).

Here's a better one at half the price (I wouldn't say, "Superb" but she's not bad).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KITMASTER-OO-NO-23-231P-SNCF-MOUNTAIN-LOCO-TENDER-241P29-SUPERB-PRE-BUILT-/263825158182

Since it's an un-motorised kit surely they could have just as easily made it H0 scale? I thought quite a few of the Kitmaster kits go for inflated prices, particularly the ones that didn't survive to the Airfix and later Dapol ranges as they are now rare.

I doubt if there is a prototype for these, although the weathering is well executed and there has been a lot of time spent in execution, I do not think that coaches would get in this condition in real life, for instance the roof would not be rusty.

So I think you are right - ebay madness 

I doubt if there is a prototype for these, although the weathering is well executed and there has been a lot of time spent in execution, I do not think that coaches would get in this condition in real life, for instance the roof would not be rusty.

So I think you are right - ebay madness 

As I have said similarly in the past on this very thread, always amazing when those pesky non ferric materials manage to rust!

The daubs of graffiti vandals have no place in my collection, however well done.

The penalty for the criminals involved should include all the costs of making good their handiwork! (IMHO)

Edited by Il Grifone

The daubs of graffiti vandals have no place in my collection, however well done.

The penalty for the criminals invloved should include all the costs of making good their handiwork! (IMHO)

Remove all the applied paint with a toothbrush and no other assistance (paint remover, etc)? :)

• Like 1