RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Guest Natalie Graham

I don't see the logic in not including a make an offer button too, if he's really looking for offers. Most likely he's using ebay as a way to advertise but making sure no-one buys it through ebay so he doesn't have to pay the final value fees.

He must surely have meant £100. Whilst this stuff is probably worth closer to £10, there is quite a lot of it! Clearly not an enthusiast so he probably doesn't have a clue what its actually worth.

!

As someone who does quite a bit of browsing/purchasing on the 2nd hand market I'd say:

HST power cars £20/pair

Mk 3 coach with bogies £8

Mk3 coach body only £2

Pannier tanks @ £15 each: £30

0-4-0 tanks @ £10 each: £30

Other wagons/coaches 30 @ £2:50-£3 each say £80

Controller £10

Points 4@£4 each £16

Other track sections 30 @ £1 each £30

Baseboard with track say £80

So in theory probably about £300 worth. However I doubt many enthusiasts would buy all that in one go and he'd almost certainly be better off selling it in smaller lots.

Richard

Lots of typos in the descriptions with a few 'lols' for good measure, so I really don't think that he meant to put it as £10,000...

As the lister appears to be functionally illiterate, judging upon his/her written communication skills, no surprise at the asking price.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
No matey put in a stupid price cus I'm just looking offers cheers

I wrote to this guy as follows:

Hi Yamaha1boy

Unfortunately your listing does not accept offers. It is "Buy it now" for £10,000. If you want to receive offers you need to activate the "offers" button by editing your listing;

His reply was as follows:

I can't seem to do that on my phone if u'd. Like to view and make me an offer that's fine cheers