Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

8 hours ago, Ramrig said:

I know its not railways exactly but........... How much would you pay for an empty box?

Please be seated before clicking the link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/dinky-975-RUSTON-BUCYRUS-EXCAVATOR-ORIGINAL-OUTER-BOX-ONLY-268/293375380437?hash=item444e890bd5:g:r~wAAOSwFN9d88aS

HOW MUCH!!!! :O

Never ceases to amaze me how much people will pay for fresh air covered in cardboard??

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

2 hours ago, MartinWales said:

Never ceases to amaze me how much people will pay for fresh air covered in cardboard??

Trouble is, find another. And how much fuel are you going to use trying. If you can get it online and you need it, to make your collection complete, without the faff, shoe-leather, admission fees, parking charges, fares etc. doesn't seem so bad. Perspective... and no, i'm not the seller! :P

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

8 hours ago, 33C said:

Trouble is, find another. And how much fuel are you going to use trying. If you can get it online and you need it, to make your collection complete, without the faff, shoe-leather, admission fees, parking charges, fares etc. doesn't seem so bad. Perspective... and no, i'm not the seller! :P

I'm relieved I'm not a collector! :locomotive:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

What makes empty boxes so attractive is that if you have a model without a box even if in perfect condition it is worth a lot less than one with a box. The problem is that someone who is less than honest can buy a box, put a less than perfect model in it and sell it as MIB.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kr-models-gt3/233942712379?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

"reason for sale I disordered two instead of one good luck "

What disorder has he done to it without even taking it out of its box?

2 hours ago, MartinWales said:

Hmmm...I forgot so I ordered two?

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Or .... I ordered two hoping to make a quick buck?

40 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

This time next year he'll be a millionaire!? :diablo_mini:

Perhaps he thought it was a BOGOF offer?

I see the non KR models GT3 is now up to £133..

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2

Regarding shill bidding .... I remember an incident on eBay from the days when we could see who was bidding and where they were based. 

A model shop (who I won't name) had a large-ish "collection only"  item for sale with two bidders (one being a friend) ding donging the price up to £900 from a 99p start. In the end the other bidder won but then refused to pay as he said he was unable to collect. That bidder lived in the same town as the seller, my friend lived a couple of hundred miles away. A second chance offer was offered at the next highest price down BUT if that other bidder was taken out of the equation, the highest bid should have been 99p. I noticed that this sort of thing was rife with local "mates" shilling up bids. Not long after, eBay hid everyone's identity so now you can't see who is shilling bids up.

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

Non working motion and cylinders? No problems, just bend them upwards enough to clear the new chassis.

I actually like it though. It wouldn't take that much skilful bodgery to make it look right and work right too.

• Agree 4