EBay madness

Marcyg

10 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Meanwhile, on the empty box front....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353428140198

:D

I think I'll spend my money on the 'new, deluxe' version on the basis that if DHL have trashed it once lightning shouldn't strike in the same place twice, (unless it's a lightning conductor and then it's meant to!) :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Empty-Box/353440962769?hash=item524ab918d1:g:g5wAAOSwZCxgZxn~

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John M Upton said:

I am struggling to see anything here worth more than a fiver let alone a BIN of three hundred quid...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Train-Sets-Job-Lot/124666027269?hash=item1d06ac9d05:g:fH0AAOSw5tZgaJ7j

Down to £150 now. Just needs the decimal point moving over a couple of places and it'll be merely overpriced. 

On the plus side, it's a while since I've seen quite so many of Lima's UK liveried continental items in one spot. Makes chucking as many of them as possible in the bin so much easier. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4

19 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Missing some buffers.

The original Rovex Richmond produced coaches have the bogies secured by wood screws, into projections from the roof, thus securing the roof as well.

This usually holds the ends of the roofs down as the cellulose acetate warps.

The Tri-ang versions have riveted (eyelets) bogies, and glued roofs...the glue tends to part, and the roofs warp upwards at the ends...

I use the bogie frames on double bogie, "King Arthur/ S15" tenders. Re-wheeled with axle box covers they are perfect!

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, bradfordbuffer said:

Warped! In all 4 dimensions!

Thay will definitely go round 1st radius curves 

I thought that they were first radios curves.

• Funny 2

10 hours ago, John M Upton said:

I am struggling to see anything here worth more than a fiver let alone a BIN of three hundred quid...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Train-Sets-Job-Lot/124666027269?hash=item1d06ac9d05:g:fH0AAOSw5tZgaJ7j

What a mix up of stuff...

Including a Lesley Matchbox cement lorry. Possibly Tri-ang rubber haystack. Jouef car carrier wagon. Crescent bracket signal, upper quadrant. Lima HO BR livery stock. Early Tri-ang wagons, mostly painted, broken, etc. SR liveried Triang-Hornby Mk 1 coach, with Hornby SR coach. Playcraft box van, with early Lanal couplings. Some metal Mastermodels signs. Airfix kiosk (papers).

Mostly Lima and Hornby track....

Looks like the contents of some junk boxes, usually found under sales tables....:)

• Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

22 minutes ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Including a Lesley Matchbox cement lorry. Possibly Tri-ang rubber haystack. Jouef car carrier wagon. Crescent bracket signal, upper quadrant. Lima HO BR livery stock. Early Tri-ang wagons, mostly painted, broken, etc. SR liveried Triang-Hornby Mk 1 coach, with Hornby SR coach. Playcraft box van, with early Lanal couplings. Some metal Mastermodels signs. Airfix kiosk (papers).

Mostly Lima and Hornby track....

Looks like the contents of some junk boxes, usually found under sales tables....:)

And best stamped on underfoot......:scratchhead:

• Funny 5

1 hour ago, MartinWales said:

Is it a ten foot one though?:blink:

Says its 11ft 5 3/4 inches, so there's a handy margin for angry chewing at the far end.

1 hour ago, MartinWales said:

And exists and dont.....

Unless it explodes at you "like a claymore mine" when you open the box.

1 hour ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Don't forget what appears to be a piece of Greengrocers grass. The stuff they had in a window display to show a selection of apples (etc) on! I feel sorry for the gateless level crossing...

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, PatB said:

Down to £150 now. Just needs the decimal point moving over a couple of places and it'll be merely overpriced. 

On the plus side, it's a while since I've seen quite so many of Lima's UK liveried continental items in one spot. Makes chucking as many of them as possible in the bin so much easier. 

Not aimed at any one contributor specifically but I'm starting to think this is the RMWeb smart-a***'s thread.

In the days when I bought job lots, kept what I wanted and resorted the contents into "themed" job lots to re-sell (and usually make back all my costs), I would have bid on something like this.  No it isn't worth the listed price, but I would have bid maybe £30-35.  Consider this:

• The Hornby platforms, scenic items and signals would sell easily as they are expensive new and a few dirty marks don't put people off; 
  • The Lima Centre Cab diesels are often used by people motorising the Airfix/Dapol railbus;
  • The Lima HO coaches I have sold before to O-16.5 modellers for conversions, or perhaps just for the bogies;
  • That much track, even if a bit rusty, will sell as a job lot for a tenner;
  • Even the Triang wagons, missing parts, will sell as a small job lot.

Funnily enough I've just been pleasantly surprised at secondhand prices on a couple of model shop websites.  Some things are being offered at the same price as perhaps five years ago (which arguably, they should be) while a couple of my redundant locos, I will be listing on eBay shortly if that's what they are fetching now.

As for Lima HO stuff deserving only the bin, to run with a couple of DB Electrics I have collected at least a dozen Lima HO continental wagons.  Yes the couplings can go and they need better wheels really but I can run a reasonably prototypical DB freight train which cost me much less than ONE new wagon.  Screwing up the weathering on the old wagons it a lot cheaper too.

• Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 1