RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

9 hours ago, Nick C said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256046816389

£60 brake van - Still available new from Kernow for £35...

9 hours ago, Swissrail said:

I couldn't resist telling this Ebay chiseller that bad news. Can't wait to see what he comes back with, if anything.

Edit: I've just had this back from the seller...

"Thank you for reaching out to us and highlighting this. I will pass it onto the relevant team in due course. Many thanks."

So they didn't check before snatching a selling price out of thin air...and does no one contact anyone anymore? They always "reach out"! Bl00dy Americanisms. 😡

Make themselves sound like a major business corporation!

• Like 2

Now on first appearances, this looks hideously overpriced, but then you realise it's got an 8 week warranty included and it all makes sense👍. Peace of mind that all parts and labour for repairs are covered  and you don't have to pay a tenner for another one.

Bargain

Edited by Sjcm
  • Funny 5

I'm not sure why anyone would want this. It's not a collectible because it's been refurbished so no longer in original condition and it's far from an accurate model. Guarantee or not it looks hideously overpriced considering what it is.

• Agree 3

It's got me thinking though... I wonder if I'd fall foul of eBay if I offered 12 months extended warranty on all Triang Princesses? Say 85 pounds for 12 months mechanical cover for parts. I could call it Jinty Insurance😉

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Hroth said:

If you're really desperate for a Purple WC*, there's one going begging for £650. Including delivery!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225533596901

* Very 1970s, though even Avacado is a better choice...

That's cheap compared to this one for £1497.95!  Even the postage is another £25.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334583631138

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Afraid not. He has (or at least he had ten of them, now he's down to two), but they're $144 each. There's a tick box just above the price to indicate how many (!) you want.

Edited by Swissrail
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Swissrail said:

Afraid not. He has (or at least had ten of them, now he's down to two), but they're $144 each.

The way that is worded, if I was dumb enough to buy it and only received one, I would be kicking up as it says (10) in the title and in the wording states it's for 10 as well.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Bucoops said:

The way that is worded, if I was dumb enough to buy it and only received one, I would be kicking up as it says (10) in the title and in the wording states it's for 10 as well.

Agreed. Except for that little box, it does read that way. He's clearly a chancer.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

It must be the Roadrunner connection wot makes them so expensive.

Mike.

Just think how fast the motor probably revs, useless for hauling trains!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2