Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

On 01/10/2023 at 02:00, big jim said:

Didn’t know whether to put this in the madness or good buy thread!

the bottom seemed to fall out of the eBay market tonight and some people got themselves some right bargains, look at my recently viewed items below, some seriously cheap locos there! 

1BB68759-A7D3-4270-AED7-C4CDA8B431AE.jpeg.0e1cd92d697d3bd4cf797446e63a2fcf.jpeg

i was watching the 60 but forgot to bid before I set off home from work and was driving when it finished, gutted! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

When my brother passed away at the beginning of this year amongst the things left in his estate was a motley collection of diecasts none of them worth very much, in my estimation less than £100.  So I took them to a few traders I know at a local toy fair and they all offered the same, about £50 (and that was mates rate). My niece, who was the executor, decided to dispose of them through Hattons. They offered £159 for the lot and even sent a box to put them in. There was nothing special in the models themselves, mostly Atlas editions worth about a fiver each at most on a good day.

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, papagolfjuliet said:

Can I interest anybody in what appears to be a Reid-Macleod Class 47? No? Thought not. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235228305502?hash=item36c4b3185e:g:uRYAAOSwJI1lFBft

I wonder what happened to the other half of the Lima Brush 4?!!

Mike.

• Funny 2

7 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I wonder what happened to the other half of the Lima Brush 4?!!

Mike.

A headfirst dive onto an unforgiving concrete floor from some height, I suspect....

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, papagolfjuliet said:

Can I interest anybody in what appears to be a Reid-Macleod Class 47? No? Thought not. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235228305502?hash=item36c4b3185e:g:uRYAAOSwJI1lFBft

Being honest, I like models like that, as odd as it looks, it’s something that some mad person has thrown together and was likely very proud of.

Pretty sure I saw the same seller trying to sell a Rosebud/Dapol Prairie, built on top of a Triang L1 4-4-0 chassis, a rear bogie added to make a 4-4-2, within the same price range, fun little things which, in my eyes at least, are worth saving just for the novelty of it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Somebody is confused, and not just the previous potential buyer. The listing title is "Heljan Dapol Lionheart Skytex O gauge Layout". item specifics -

Type : Diesel Locomotive.

Re listening due to someone not understanding this listening

Your buying the coach only

The layout and stock are for sale at £3000 Ono offer but I would like someone to see it all and running before any payment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235242374042?

Edited by goldfish
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, goldfish said:

Somebody is confused, and not just the previous potential buyer. The listing title is "Heljan Dapol Lionheart Skytex O gauge Layout". item specifics -

Straight out of vehicle breakers' trick book - list a car that's being broken for spares, but say you only get a wheel nut if you bid. They want to deal off of ebay.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Bucoops said:

Straight out of vehicle breakers' trick book - list a car that's being broken for spares, but say you only get a wheel nut if you bid. They want to deal off of ebay.

I've reported him for all the good it will do. Also says selling due to failing eyesight then says will consider part ex for TT120!

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, papagolfjuliet said:

I quite like it, sort of a futuristic cab forward concept!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Rowsley17D said:

I've reported him for all the good it will do. Also says selling due to failing eyesight then says will consider part ex for TT120!

I did too. Again, nothing likely to happen...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goldfish said:

So, in "this listening" exactly which coach is for sale? Forgive me if I'm a tad confused?

Edited by PieGuyRob
The Lima one of course......
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PieGuyRob said:

So, in "this listening" exactly which coach is for sale? Forgive me if I'm a tad confused?

The Lima coach is the Mk1 “Great Western” BSK.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

The Lima coach is the Mk1 “Great Western” BSK.

Cheers

Darius

I think the seller is trying to avoid the seller fee on the price of the layout by describing the whole thing in the advert but selling the coach.

• Agree 2