RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
Why would anybody even bid on something which is so obviously incorrectly decribed?

Keith

Edited by melmerby

Why would anybody even bid on something which is so obviously incorrectly decribed?

Because they wanted it..?

Keith

PS, might not be obvious to someone who does not know Metcalfe from Skaledale, the sellers late change of description suggests the bids took them by surprise.

• RMweb Premium

Because they wanted it..?

Keith

PS, might not be obvious to someone who does not know Metcalfe from Skaledale, the sellers late change of description suggests the bids took them by surprise.

Surely you would only bid for these if you were into model railways and I find it odd that there are some so easily bamboozled.

Keith

A lot of people who should in theory speak English according both their names and where they live never bother reading  the description .I have had about 10 complaints for broken figures  over the years .Some left bad feedback without contacting me .If they had they would have discovered that they had bought a clearly described kit of parts comprising separate arms etc   .In fact I had one genuine  actual breakage in about 16 years of trading .I normally get a pompous sarcastic complaint and then total silence when I tell them it was kit as per  the in plain sight description  .Needless to say most come from the land where reading has long been replaced by TV  and no-one knows where the country they are  currently bombing or invading actually is ,however one precious gem , a lady in the UK has done it twice in three years buying the same figure .Ah well .

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A lot of people who should in theory speak English according both their names and where they live never bother reading  the description .

The description quite clearly states Hornby Skaledale, which it most definitely is not (or did Hornby originally make Card versions?), so IMHO the seller is mainly at fault.

The add on that they are card not resin would not even be necessary if they were properly described in the first place.

It's rather like advertising you have a Subaru Impreza for sale and then adding N.B. it's a Ford Fiesta!

Keith

EDIT the equivalent Hornby Skaledale resin shops will cost you the grand total of £42.78 at RRP!

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

Love the diorama, but the price might be a bit overoptimistic....

But why,oh why, only these ridiculously small images! The overall quality of the work seems to be excellent, but you really can't tell with the photos provided.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium

Quote "This layout is made to Order"

Also states 2 available!

Keith

But you do get a Class 25, a diesel shunter and a 4-car DMU...not bad for 1939  :jester:

Not to mention the pedantic points that Churchill tanks were not introduced until 1941 and would have been out of gauge and too heavy for a CROCODILE H.

I doubt the tunnel would support the weight of the church either (or the church support the vibration of the trains).

Edited by Il Grifone

Not to mention the pedantic points that Churchill tanks were not introduced until 1941 and would have been out of gauge and too heavy for a CROCODILE H.

I doubt the tunnel would support the weight of the church either (or the church support the vibration of the trains).

To be even more pendatic,  :yes: it's the Airfix model of the Churchill VII, not introduced until 1944.   The tanks parked in the yard are Minitank 1/87 (crude) models of the American M40  155mm GMC , introduced in 1945 and not employed by the British army during WOII.  To go on, there is also an Esci 1/72 M4A1 Sherman, again from 1944. And that's only the armoured vehicles.......  To conclude, a meticulously researched layout, well worth it's money, and of course a showstopper. It certainly stopped me dead in my tracks :jester:

• Like 7