RMweb

The Fall & Rise of the 60's ( was The End of the Tugs?)

Currently two are diagrammed for the 6Z67 Liverpool BT - Ratcliffe returning as 6F18 to Warrington and the second 6Z80 Liverpool BT- Ratcliffe.

Times for Stoke-on-Trent are 6Z67 is 11.22 and the 6Z80 is 16.36. But both tend to run early with the 6Z80 much earlier than booked for the passed few days.

60085 28/04/10

Don't think so Jo, 007 is one of 15 members of the class in warm storage at Crewe.

hope 059 isn't too badly damaged :( i also noted that 007 has lost one of its beastie stickers since its been at Crewe, not sure if both of them are gone though

would be nice if Bachmann did some Murco TEA's to go with my 60074 B) dont fancy Hornby's cheapy ones

009 and 074 seem to be the ones in and out of storage daily.

Glad to see 6E41 is still producing.

Its a flaming shed every time I go out for it. rancid!

just been looking at pics of of tug 98 on fotopic and WOW ohmy.gif what a mess its in. All the electrics in the cab have been ripped out, all the light clusters missing, no air horns, engine room doors removed, no couplings, wipers and their mechanisms missing, mulit-working sockets removed, cabside windows taken out and boarded up ohmy.gif and that's just what you can see, no doubt theres alot more parts missing inside. between Immingham and Toton they've really made this ones fate certain sad.gif

98 has been in a state like this for some years now.

Its been a Christmas tree for the rest of the class, and its more reasonable to ask whats left, rather than whats gone!!!

Its fate was sealed way way back sadly.

The same was to be said for 052 and 006 which were at Margam - not much left with them either.

would be nice if Bachmann did some Murco TEA's to go with my 60074 cool.gif dont fancy Hornby's cheapy ones

I too was hoping that either Bachmann or Hornby would do a model of the new style TEAs but alas no!

I see 040 returned to traffic yesterday. smile.gif

have Hornby stopped production of 60040? hattons and all the major retailers seem to have run dry :(

Production will have stopped soon after it started (the same week or even the same day, depending on how long it takes to run a single batch and how many are being made).

I would imagine that for something like a class 60, there will only be one batch run of each running number/identity. Available supplies will depend on how many were made and how soon they are bought up by customers.

Your best bet is to look around the smaller retailers to see if they have any left in stock, otherwise it's wait and see if another batch is produced (highly unlikely in this case), or eBay.

Production will have stopped soon after it started (the same week or even the same day, depending on how long it takes to run a single batch and how many are being made).

I would imagine that for something like a class 60, there will only be one batch run of each running number/identity. Available supplies will depend on how many were made and how soon they are bought up by customers.

Your best bet is to look around the smaller retailers to see if they have any left in stock, otherwise it's wait and see if another batch is produced (highly unlikely in this case), or eBay.

that didn't even last a year :( the Mainline 60078 came out in 2005 and is still available now from Hornby :lol:

The loaded to Westerleigh passes through about 9.55 (6B13)

The Westerleigh empties pass through 19.45 ish (6B47)

This train is currently in the hands of 60074, and the loaded working tends to run to time (ish) but the empties can easily run within an hour early or late, depending on when it got away from Westerleigh

The Theale empties pass by about 17.00 (6B33)

The loaded runs overnight (6A11)

This is in the hands of a shed or two, depending on the load

HTH

jo

The loaded to Westerleigh passes through about 9.55 (6B13)

The Westerleigh empties pass through 19.45 ish (6B47)

This train is currently in the hands of 60074, and the loaded working tends to run to time (ish) but the empties can easily run within an hour early or late, depending on when it got away from Westerleigh

The Theale empties pass by about 17.00 (6B33)

The loaded runs overnight (6A11)

This is in the hands of a shed or two, depending on the load

HTH

jo

cheers jo ;) is that Mon-fri? sat?

Mon-Fri. 6B33 runs (booked) about an hour earlier on a Sat, and can run an hour or more early on the weekdays it runs (T,ThO), so be if it doesn't appear one day, it may have gone early. The Westerleigh runs similar times on Sat to weekdays, presuming it isn't caped because of engineering work near Gloucester

cheers

jo

.....the Mainline 60078 came out in 2005 and is still available now from Hornby :lol:

An early example from Hornby. Did they produce too many, some of which are still on the shelves and as a result have made smaller numbers of subsequent issues?

Tug 85 is working the 6K32 to Stoke Marcroft from Warrington. Interestingly the mistrust machine has it routed via a runround at Stafford.

It's attaching and detaching at Basford Hall today, plus unloading hoppers at Cliffe Vale.

I had 3 60's in approximately 2 hours on Saturday.

60040 on Lyndsey - Kingsbury oil

60039 in a light loco move towards Birmingham

60071 on Kingsbury - Lyndsey.

Tug tastic!

Hi All,

First post here from a long-time lurker.

Fairly sure that I just saw one of these fine machines at Ratcliffe-on-Soar power station.

I was driving past on the A453, and it was lurking under the road bridge on the other side of the coal pile.

Hi All,

First post here from a long-time lurker.

Fairly sure that I just saw one of these fine machines at Ratcliffe-on-Soar power station.

I was driving past on the A453, and it was lurking under the road bridge on the other side of the coal pile.

60010 on 6Z67 from Liverpool.

wasn't one of the class 60 Ratcliffe coal diagrams acquired from Fastline after they ceased operations?

Not exactly. Fastline never had regular work from LBT to Ratcliffe. The LBT - Ironbridge flow has not yet restarted with any operator, although DBS ran a train to Ironbridge last weekend for a weights & measures test.