RMweb

Newbryford's mostly Yellow workbench - "it's a drag, man......."

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Hope these are of some use!!

Cheers,

Phil.

Hi Phil - excellent - my closeup pics are of the other side of the loco and your pics confirm that both sides of the rack are pretty similar.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Glad the pics are of use!

Way off topic, but does anyone else think there should be a 'has anyone got pics of...?' section, Ive loads of pics of random details of loco's, coaches,wagons etc, that I haven't got the time/patience/inclination to put on the web, but would be more than happy to share with anyone they might be of use to!

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 3

Hi all,

Glad the pics are of use!

Way off topic, but does anyone else think there should be a 'has anyone got pics of...?' section, Ive loads of pics of random details of loco's, coaches,wagons etc, that I haven't got the time/patience/inclination to put on the web, but would be more than happy to share with anyone they might be of use to!

Cheers,

Phil.

Totaly agree Phill :locomotive:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I've built the basic rack for 97304 - the various attachments still need to be....... err....... attached.

post-408-0-27502800-1359843914_thumb.jpg

And this is it the right way up.

post-408-0-87989100-1359843981_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

p.s. Bought a large quantity of Laserglase today for the Mk2 fleet.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mick

Great photos dude...

I look forward to seeing the photos of... QUOTE... ' Bought a large quantity of Laserglase today for the Mk2 fleet. '

Jamie

But forgot to buy more yellow paint........ :nono:  

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

DVT??

Will it ever stop?

Thanks to Si on DEMU for the link.

http://www.wnxx.com/content/070213/82145.htm

Looks like it's generator fitted - grille on the door and roof. (Edit: looks different to the ex W&S/Chiltern generator mod)

How long before someone announces a LE?

And there's another BSO released to traffic - 9516, with yet another configuration of blanked doors, different to 9523

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Looks good. I agree a LE can't be far away, not with that grille mind! Now get working on the grille ;-)

Waiting for more detailed pics - especially of the other side

Oh and Mick I'm blaming you entirely for my random purchase of a couple of airfix mk2s the other day!! £4 each!! Bargain!

A

:locomotive:  :sungum:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

IIRC, the contract to provide power/drivers for the Network Rail test trains is with DBS and they use whatever traction is available/suitable - 31's/37/s etc. 67's are starting to appear a bit more on test train work, particularly if that involves anything over 90mph, such as high speed testing with Mentor. The 73 re-engining project is also a possibility for power to replace the 31's.

Dunno if 67's will be painted yellow though. Then it will look like a proper builder's skip..................

It appears that the test fleet is undergoing a major changeround at the moment and it's highly likely that 2013 may see the end of 31's on them.

EDIT - it seems that the DVT's will be used with 67's on the PLPRV trains of which there are planned to be four.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

Hi Mick

Have you ever thought of putting all your knowledge on test trains down on paper and writing a book? Whether only on the prototype, or how to model them, I am sure it would make a profit. I for one would buy it as your articles have inspired me, if only I could paint though!

Thank you for your very interesting and entertaining column.

Roddy

• Like 3