Dapol West Country & Rebuilt West Country

TomE

On 10/09/2023 at 09:06, Kris said:

Dapol are now saying that the CAD and artwork is now complete and that the tooling is underway. Expected release is now Q4 2024.

And they are also doing 34051 Winston Churchill in BR Green later crest and 34081 92 Squadron in malachite green which they added to the list at TING's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The wait for the Dapol light weight West Country/Battle of Britain unrebuilt “Spam Can” is showing light at the end of the tunnel. This must have been one of the longest waits in the history of developing N Gauge models , even if the schedule is maintained for the 4 quarter of 2024. I’ll cross my fingers in hope !
When originally announced in 2012 the estimate was around £120. Receiving an email today announcing the milestone and the milestone of prices for the different configurations, a double intake of breath. There has been rumours of what the cost of new models will be in the future. I accept quality has a price; I just hope the manufacturers quality control is going to match the new cost and not like the plagues of inferior models. Perhaps I should  not have been reading  my emails during a  work meeting. The suggested  retail price; enough to make me gulp  and distract me from the meeting in hand. I understand the mechanics of supply and demand,  raise the standards and quality and we are now seeing a price range the credit card was previously locked in the wallet and the key lost. 

On 12/09/2023 at 20:58, 4firstimes said:

The wait for the Dapol light weight West Country/Battle of Britain unrebuilt “Spam Can” is showing light at the end of the tunnel. This must have been one of the longest waits in the history of developing N Gauge models , even if the schedule is maintained for the 4 quarter of 2024. I’ll cross my fingers in hope !
When originally announced in 2012 the estimate was around £120. Receiving an email today announcing the milestone and the milestone of prices for the different configurations, a double intake of breath. There has been rumours of what the cost of new models will be in the future. I accept quality has a price; I just hope the manufacturers quality control is going to match the new cost and not like the plagues of inferior models. Perhaps I should  not have been reading  my emails during a  work meeting. The suggested  retail price; enough to make me gulp  and distract me from the meeting in hand. I understand the mechanics of supply and demand,  raise the standards and quality and we are now seeing a price range the credit card was previously locked in the wallet and the key lost. 

Yes at around  £220 it will be significantly more expensive than the excellent Farish N class. I am going to expect something really  exceptional for that price. After years of poor Dapol quality control in N, I will wait for the reviews