Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

Just a quick question Andy,

How heigh do you make your platforms?

Thanks.

Jack.

Not sure off the top of my head, about 10 years ago Model Rail did a piece with all relavant dimensions, i.e. platforms, tunnels, canopies, track spacings etc with a converter for each gauge, but I think I did mine from a coach runnung board. I will look at the weekend as it is boxed up now for the show and I ain't running out there this time of night mate, hhahaaaa

Andy. :sungum:

• Like 1

Hee Hee! Bet you wished you'd gone for the hanging baskets now, don't you? :)

Bill - Flower-Power Lune

One exhibition and I think I will scrap it and model it as it would be today, DERILICT :no:

oLD lUNIIIIEEEEE :sungum:

Andy would also have to find away of making the puddles under the baskets appear & disappear after watering.

That should give him something to think about  :locomotive:

Only a propper LUNE could keep this going for so long, I love the idea of the puddles. There was an article in BRM a few months ago about puddles in a Steam Depot, black glass I think?????

I once went to Piddletrenthide :sungum:

Hey Andy....

This thread is almost at 40 pages - are you trying to produce a mini-me of KL?  :O

I notice the Lunesters have been here in their droves. There is no escape, as I well know. Even creating the Lounge only threw them off the scent for a few days!!

Keep posting the videos - that'll keep 'em occupied and give you the chance to flee from Derbyshire!!  :sungum:

And yes, Billy's idea is a good one. I may not have grass - yet - but I expect to see those puddles!!  :jester:

Desperate-to-escape Lune...

DON'T YOU START, hahhaaaa

Jeff

He cant escape, even when he flees over the border to Mansfield with Trebudoc, I am planning to follow him there  :no:

I will report back on his lunacy  :sungum:

Hi Billy it will be great to meat sorry MEET at Mansfield but the BAD NEWS is that I have Glen Roy there this year and a provisional for the BIG T next year.

You can still come and have a play with my hooter, that is a Class 25 horn by the way before I get BANNED,

Now talking of BANNED, wheres Jeff got to again.???

Andy :sungum:

• Like 1

He can't head south either. There are too many of us down here as well. :hunter:

Duncan

Remember I came from DOWN SOUFF well Devon, Kent, Surrey, Hampshire and up here THATS WHY I AM AS MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS.

crokey Lune :sungum:

Right - well I'll stay "way up North". It's too cold for you lot to head up here.....

Andy - I offer sanctuary. Now where is the man when you need him? Probably playing with his fibre optics!

Can't blame him - Trebudoc at night is sensational. If I turn the lights off I'll break my neck falling down Lune Fell!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, don't even get me started on Fiber Optics, I tried fitting pipes to an N Gauge 26 today,

SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS,

Little Lune :sungum:

He can't have a Lounge. It'd have to be the Trebudoc Tavern.

Anyway, it looks like he's having an early night, so I'm off to the bunker!

Jeff

Early night? I was up the Club, putting the world to rights.

The Mod Rock I did on Tuesday is still WET so very little got done except have a cup of tea and work on the baseboard sizes for the Steam Depot.

Itwill take me all night to catch up with this lot, I should get an Oscar for all the posts I will record Today, hahhaaaa

My little fingers are worn out :O

Knakkerreddd Luniee :sungum: ,

He can't have a Lounge. It'd have to be the Trebudoc Tavern.

Anyway, it looks like he's having an early night, so I'm off to the bunker!

Jeff

And another thing YOUNG Jeff,  I don't drink so it's no good having a tavern in my Den :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Itwill take me all night to catch up with this lot, I should get an Oscar for all the posts I will record Today, hahhaaaa

My little fingers are worn out :O

Knakkerreddd Luniee :sungum: ,

Have a look here Andy: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats

Six Lunesters in the top 20 posters today by my count, with you at the top of the pile.

Andy...haha I would expect you to look now, it's getting late and it's icy out-there! Bbbrrrr!

Duncan, cheers for the link that's a huge help! I guessed it would be around 27" but from rail top to platform top it's 21".

Again, thanks for sharing that link :-)

Jack.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Only a propper LUNE could keep this going for so long, I love the idea of the puddles. There was an article in BRM a few months ago about puddles in a Steam Depot, black glass I think?????

I once went to Piddletrenthide :sungum:

Yep, saw that article.  Gave me the next idea for frozen puddles on Great West Road being thawed out by the frost fires - none of this snow stuff.  HAHA  Freeze thaw freeze.  Easier to do may be the glowing ash fires cooling down - another one down for fibre optics?

Young (too imaginative) Lune

PS A t least 4 more posts before I had a chance to post this. :mail:   :mail:  :mail:  :mail:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Billy it will be great to meat sorry MEET at Mansfield but the BAD NEWS is that I have Glen Roy there this year and a provisional for the BIG T next year.

You can still come and have a play with my hooter, that is a Class 25 horn by the way before I get BANNED,

DON'T YOU START, hahhaaaa

• Like 1

Cheers Guys and Galls, It is nice to come home and get such a good greeting from all you Lunesters, we certinly are a HAPPY BUNCH OF NUTTERS.

When I looked at the number of posting I have made today I wonder where I have been to do that

It will go quiet now for a couple of days as I am normally knackered when I get home from a show and as it is a 2 day jobbie and I am leaving home at about 6.30 on Sat morning I guess I wont be on here this time tomorrow night.

I am picking Peter, (Peter BB ) up at 7am and then on to pick up Mike my other opertor and then do the same again Sunday but a bit later as we do not need to set up again.

Cheers, :sungum: Andy

• RMweb Premium

Jack, from what I have seen, there was no real standard platform height as such (at least not like there is now). I worried that I had made them a tad low on Bacup but then photos, etc. show it to be about right. I guess that stations built in pre-grouping times and left untouched would have lower platform heights and the poor sods with gippy legs would just have to struggle up steps into carriages?

Are we tempting you to become a Lunester here? All you need is a liking of 70's progressive rock, an ability to waffle on about utter crap for page after page and the wish to be a tad critical about each others layouts in te pursuit of improvement (especially if it concerns Jeff's Kirkby Luneside or Andy's basket case). For instance, you let Jeff spend days and days cutting out wooden formers for his hills, screw them together and then cover them in an unholy thickness of plaster. When it has set solid, you tell him that it would look better if he moved it 1/4" to the right and it niggles him so much that he goes out to the bunker, fires up the pneumatic drill and changes it.

Such fun :D

p.s. We only say things like the above when we mean it, we wouldn't subject his neighbours to all that swearing * and noise for nothing

* Imagine Bernard Manning trapping his nuts in the cutlery drawer, and I reckon that is getting near how much Jeff swears :D

Jason.

Edited by Sandside
  • Like 3

I know your  taking Glen Roy really, just having a senior moment, confused by your vast array of models / threads  :declare:

Hi Guys, as Jason says you need to join in the Lounge, the first thing you do is list your favorite bands, fantasies and obsessions, we normally all have the same sort of weird taste apart from Jeff' who has mentioned some strange bands that I have never heard of, but then I bet he had not head of Stratergy, The G-TAP Blues Band or the Silvertones so there you go.

I ended up yesteday with 37 post in one day, that has to be a record for me, and I did the last one in the Lounge (see link below) to Jeff at 11.59. It will be quiet now for a few days, but I will pay the price of not keeping up when I re check all the post in all your sites and find I have some 30 plus pages to read on the sites of George, Jason, Bill,, Billy, Duncan, Polly, Ray and the other Ray, Richard, the list goes on and on,sorry if I have missed you out, and then of corse there is the Head Master with the big cane (whoops can I say that on here) Sir Jeff Physicsman Lunster the head of this merry bunch of nutters.

George and I are getting together agin soon and will do another Vodeo like the one he has posted on Abbotts Mead Bridge of one of our days out, it is well woth a watch.

I must go as I am talking SWMBO out for coffee to the Lakeside, a small tea room not to far from here.

By now

Old Lune

Hi Andy.  lf l give the shed a coat of dirty black thinners, that will make the mortar black then when its dry l will dry brush dark grey on the bricks then l would have a dark grey shed with black mortar, am l right ??

George..