Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Andy - a reminder....

You've so much on the go that it's not surprising if you forget: when you get chance - if you and George can "throw together" a scenics video - complete with that humour that characterises all your vids!

I can't imagine how your band ever managed to play anything - you two would have had everyone in stitches!

Btw, you are NOT a bodger. You've produced too many superb layouts to get it right "by chance"!  :sungum:  :sungum:

Jeff

• Like 1

Hi all,

Bill, I have started the video and will finish it by Sunday night or Monday all being well.

Jeff, George and I won't be able to get together for a little while so I may do the vid next week if I can.

Ray, Thanks for your comments, as for the Point rodding being over scale, well yes it is, but, so are some other bits and it is better to have it rather than have it barren,

Andy.

Just ha a re read from yesterday and I have just realised that NOBODY HAS NOTICED  that in post 880 I said here are some pics of the Fire Buckets but forgot to insert them :O

Must be getting OLD. naaaa, surley not :no:

post-9335-0-06844800-1360494591_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-73630000-1360494600_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-91514900-1360494616_thumb.jpg

Andy

• Like 8

Just ha a re read from yesterday and I have just realised that NOBODY HAS NOTICED  that in post 880 I said here are some pics of the Fire Buckets but forgot to insert them :O

Must be getting OLD. naaaa, surley not :no:

Andy

I'm sure every one noticed Andy, we just didn't like to say

Senility reigns amongst the Lunesters  :stinker:

• Like 1

O.K. Guys and Galls, Jeff, (Physicsman) and Jason (Sandside) have asked George and I to do a Scenics Tutorial, unfortunately George can't get down at the moment and I can't get up to Stockport so I have had to do one without his input and humour.

We hope you enjoy it and it is just MY WAY of doing things, NOT necessarily the right way of doing things.

Andy

• Like 14

Another great video Andy, just watched it sat with Mags (my wife) you've certainly given her something to think about, she's sorting a shopping list out now for scenics, that will go with her building shopping list, your costing us a fortune  :no:

Edited by billyb_imp
  • Like 1

Thanks Guys for your favorable comments on the video, I will post some STILLS tomorrow when it has all dried properly.

I noticed that on the Video the wall and lower grass at the end came out BLUE, I can assure you it is NOT REALLY BLUE.

Cheers Andy.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

Look out for static grass on Avago after that video of yours though I think, this week, what grass there is will stand up in shock by itself - when it gets taken to exhibition at the National Slate Museum, Llanberis - first day's forecast?  Snow....

We have the stuff to get started, but you know how it is - it doesn't always go to plan.  A few tests later, still scratching head...   :scratchhead:  

We'll get there...maybe we need to BODGEIT....

Sou'Wester

• Like 1

Another quality production from the Master! The technique reminded me of Henry Cooper's old aftershave advert with his 'splash it on all over' and very effective it is too! Brilliant!!!

Many thanks!

Bill

(Would'nt you know it. I forgot the blummin popcorn!!!)

Hello Andy. Clean out of 'popcorn' too, so l sat and watched your latest 'Trebudoc' workshop video with a couple of cans of lager, they did go down well as did your video mate well done, just wondrin' who held your 'clapper' board and made the tea ??

George.

Hello Andy. Clean out of 'popcorn' too, so l sat and watched your latest 'Trebudoc' workshop video with a couple of cans of lager, they did go down well as did your video mate well done, just wondrin' who held your 'clapper' board and made the tea ??

George.

Yes I needed to talk to you about the tea making, that was why I needed you there, I had NO SKIVVEY, :O  hahaaaa

On a serious note though mate you were really missed, it is not easy doing it on your own :nono:  BETTER RE PHRASE THAT :no: It is not easy making Videos on your own, when you are trying to focus the camera, hold PVA and do the flock. We should do a series of OUTAKE VIDEOS, like the bit I edited out from yesterdays when I was talking and had NOT NOTICED that the sive was upside down, hahahhaaa I also cut out the swearing bit as well. 

Cheers Mate,

Andy. :sungum:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Cheers for taking the time to make that video Andy, it's fantastic. Funnily enough, I was chatting with Chris (2ManySpams) about static grass yesterday and we were both of the same opinion that it is just too uniform and can look a bit daft, but your method adds that randomness that you get.

Cheers for taking the time to make that video Andy, it's fantastic. Funnily enough, I was chatting with Chris (2ManySpams) about static grass yesterday and we were both of the same opinion that it is just too uniform and can look a bit daft, but your method adds that randomness that you get.

Cheers Jason, Chris only lives a couple of miles from our Club and I wanted to get him to join as someone with his expertise would be a real asset, but he is so involved with the Stafford Club, BCB, Trengolis and other projects that I don't think he has the time, a great shame.

O.K. now the grass from the Video has had time to dry properly here are some stills from this morning.

One important point that I forgot to menton in the Video was that when the PVA is dry you will need to vacume up the loose grass, I do this with a sock over the nozzel, I then empty this into a container so as to not only save it, but as it is a mix of grasses from all the different projects it is a good mix to re use.

The frist one is the top of the field and you can clearly see the clumps I put in by had have blended in with the static grass.

post-9335-0-90631100-1360577773_thumb.jpg

The next two are looking across and you can clearly see the difference in colours and texture, and also the bit of paper grass is shown as a diffent colour

post-9335-0-88031600-1360578002_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-06551500-1360578030_thumb.jpg

Next we come around to the area around the buffer stop. I moved the buffer stop back about 3 inches so as to get another wagon in the siding. this ment that the rear of the buffer had no rail to fix to and so I needed to loose this in the undergroth.

post-9335-0-81781900-1360578240_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-60700600-1360578250_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-72372000-1360578259_thumb.jpg

I hope that these pics help to show how the finnished area has changes, but not in any dramatic way.

Andy

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 14

Andy

You and George need to do a complete 'box set' of these including stills for the after effects. You'd probably make a fortune (well a couple of quid).

Can't wait to see the vids when you do the 2mm stuff.

Duncan