Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

I thought the photographs of Trebudoc made the station look good but the real thing looks absolutely fantastic and the recently added lights really show it up beautifully in the dark.  Cheers, PeterBB

• RMweb Premium

Interesting point, Andy. I've been looking around for some clear photos of point-rodding. Maybe we should ask our signalmen Lunesters, Andy and Ian, to take some photos for us?

Jeff

You would want photos on a day when my camera is back home. Sadly we only have two rods here, one running to the wicket gates the other to the road gates. I can take some piccys of them for you, including the stools. Not sure how they'll come out at night but I'll give it a go!

The rod itself is [ section the two horizotal bits being 1" and the long bit 1.75".

Hope this helps!

Andy Signaller Lunester G

Well you have all the photos you need now to finish of 'Trebudoc' and then l quess its all finished ? another one done, then onto the next project, really looking forward to what you can do in 'N'.

l must say that l have really enjoyed being part of 'Trebudoc's revival, it was a good experience and very helpful for my own project  'Abbot's Mead' 

George.

Thanks to Alan and Duncan's help for the info on the point rodding, I have made a start, I am using LARGE paper clips and 1.6mm Plastruct, I will post some pics once I am confident that it will work.

I have also finished the Signal Box interior and will post some pics tomorrow.

Andy :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to Alan and Duncan's help for the info on the point rodding, I have made a start, I am using LARGE paper clips and 1.6mm Plastruct, I will post some pics once I am confident that it will work.

You're modelling WORKING point rodding? :D

Hi Andy,

Just be careful with the Plastruct as I recall reading an article some time ago now about someone who used Plastruct for the point rodding and it warped apparently after painting. I think he used enamels paints and seemed to think that may have caused the problem. I can't remember who it was but may have been Martyn Welch when he built Hursley.

Alan.

Hi Andy,

Just be careful with the Plastruct as I recall reading an article some time ago now about someone who used Plastruct for the point rodding and it warped apparently after painting. I think he used enamels paints and seemed to think that may have caused the problem. I can't remember who it was but may have been Martyn Welch when he built Hursley.

Alan.

Thanks Alan, Martyn did certanly build Hursley, and I have already painted my rods with enamels so I will have to see how it goes, Cheers.

AND NO Jason, it is NOT working point rodding, WHY is yours? hahahaaaaeeeee

Andy.

Hi Andy

I think you may find the plastruct slightly overscale at 1.6mm. I used MSE point rodding stools and 0.9mm square section brass wire (from a well known internet auction site). Any rod larger than that would not have fitted into the stool slots. It looked OK which is the main thing!

Julian

Hi Andy

I think you may find the plastruct slightly overscale at 1.6mm. I used MSE point rodding stools and 0.9mm square section brass wire (from a well known internet auction site). Any rod larger than that would not have fitted into the stool slots. It looked OK which is the main thing!

Julian

Thanks for that Julian, and welcome to Trebudoc, I will use what I have and when I next go to an O Gauge show I will try and get the right stuff.

Thanks again,

Andy.

Hi All, Firstly I have a decent couple of pics INSIDE the Signal Cabin, it give a better idea of what there is in there.

post-9335-0-94504800-1360340247_thumb.jpgpost-9335-0-95980700-1360340255_thumb.jpg

and Secondly, as I said, I have made a start on some dummy point rodding thanks to you guys that sent in the pice and links.

It is far from perfect, and may be replaced if and when I find the propper stuff.

post-9335-0-71623300-1360340274_thumb.jpgpost-9335-0-65150900-1360340285_thumb.jpgpost-9335-0-37816900-1360340298_thumb.jpg

Andy

Edit =Just seen in the pics that I need to level up the woodwork where the rods come out from the Box.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6

Andy

Nice to see the detail inside the box, but I remain convinced that the original photo is effective and sets the scene perfectly.

As for the dummy point rodding, even though is is a tad overscale, it's another shows the depth of detail that you aim to achieve.

I'm impressed.

Duncan

Hi all, the Signal Cabin pic is NOT VERY GOOD I am afraid, I try one with the roof off and a spot lamp aiming down inside.

Andy

Hi Andy.

You underestimate your photography.

Andy

Personaly I think that's very effective.

Duncan

So do I.

Very nice rodding as well.

Well done

Ray.

Edited by tender
  • Like 1

Hi all, the Signal Cabin pic is NOT VERY GOOD I am afraid, I try one with the roof off and a spot lamp aiming down inside.

Andy

Great pic Andy spot on I'm sure it was often difficult to see through the windows on the prototype because the rolled glass would distort the image, I'm just amazed you took the time to use the same rolled glass in your model, must have been very difficult to work with, bad enough when its full size  :no:

• Like 1

Hi Andy, Scale or not l think it all adds up to a very nice detailed 'O gauge layout to be very proud of, well done, just a few signals and 'Trebudoc' is finished ?

l have known you for well over twenty years, and have never seen you put so much time and detail into a layout, 'Trebudoc' is an inspiration to everyone, well done.

George. 

Hi All.

Duncan thanks, the first pic is not as bad as I first though  and the rodding is not that much overscale, 1.6mm equates to about 2 1/2 inches and the rods apear to be about 2 inches so I am happy with that. :senile:

Hi Ray, I have never tried anything like this before as my last O Gauge St Budoc was the end of a yard as was the original T :locomotive: .

Morning Don, Thanks for the wet day sinario, :stinker:  maybe thats why the platform lamps are on in the day as well, wet, dull, dreary and ORRIBLE. :beee:

Billy, Rolled Glass :O , WOT TABLETS ARE U ON MATE I WANT SOME :no: , just great stuff mate.

i Just need some more to finish off so I will get tha on Wednesday, The next job today will be the Fire Buckets to paint, Fill with sand and STICK ON. hahahha

Cheers George, I will have a chat to Dapol this week and try to get a date for the O Gauge Signals, If they are NOT DUE soon I will look at getting a Kit and trying that. I am gonig to make some Ground Signals for the Yard exit and see how they look..

Andy.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy, Scale or not l think it all adds up to a very nice detailed 'O gauge layout to be very proud of, well done, just a few signals and 'Trebudoc' is finished ?

l have known you for well over twenty years, and have never seen you put so much time and detail into a layout, 'Trebudoc' is an inspiration to everyone, well done.

George. 

George, I couldn't have put it better myself. Andy loves to play the Lune, but when it comes down to the job, he's a true professional.

He's persuaded me to have a go at a small O gauge layout once KL is finished!

Jeff

• Like 2

Thanks for that Jeff, I do still consider my self a BODGER :O  when I look at the way you planned your Viaduct, George with the care and dedication he took on the buildings and people like Jason, Scott, Duncan, Ray Norwood, Ray (Tender,) Richard (Mudmagnet,) Bill and Billy, and I could list them all night long. You all take a lot more care than I do over every small detail, BUT, I am just lucky that sometimes mine works, AND THEN THERE ARE THE BITS YOU DON'T SEE. hahhahhaaaa :nono: .

SORRY IF I MISSED YOU OFF, MY BRAIN WENT DEAD AND SWITCHED OFF

Here are some pics of the fire buckets, They are KITS, you have to fit the handles. I have half filled them with PVA and then when dry topped up with PVA and sand. Unfortuneatly I tried to secure them with Super Glue but they would not hold enough for transportation as that board would be up side down in the car. This is something you don't even think about with a home layout.

I have fitted a bit more point rodding but I have run out of Plastruct untill Wednesday, then that will be finished.

Jeff, (Binny) is coming over tonight for a running session and to work out the final track plan for my OO Steam Depot that will be built alongside Glenfinick, my N Gauge project, so one either side of my little den.

Jeff is also bringing over a Totem for Trebudoc that a chap has made for me so I will need to find a way of fixing that to the Lighting Poles ready for it's first show in the new format at Sielby on 16th  / 17th Feb.

I will post some pics, and IF YOU ARE REALLY UNLUCKY :no:  maybe a video of tonights running session :senile: :senile: :senile: .

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

George, I couldn't have put it better myself. Andy loves to play the Lune, but when it comes down to the job, he's a true professional.

He's persuaded me to have a go at a small O gauge layout once KL is finished!

Jeff

I can only add my plaudits to Jeff and George. The way you take readily available materials (i.e. Peco track, which far too many people 'knock', including myself at times I'm sorry to admit) and turn it into something so beautiful is astonishing. You really are an inspiration to us all!

Regards

Bill (Looking-forward-to-the-pics-and-the-video Lune)

Edited by Mythocentric
  • Like 1