Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

I say, jolly good work going on here old bean(s)!

In fact, really excellent work! Well done to both Andy & George, you're an inspiration and this thread is a tonic (just like Jeff's!).

Cheers all,

John E.

Thanks John, I am impressed with the quality of Georges workmanship.

Andy.

• Like 1

After Kev's comments I decided to re work the underframe on the wagon as it is all looking a bit mono tone.

The first thing I did was to give the chassis a coat of Humbrol Gunmetal, I also did the buffer heads at the same time.

When dry the buffer heads were polished and the under frame was given a light dusting of weathering powders, I used an oringy red, a brown and a sooty brown.

I did a small amount on the iron work on the body as well and then wet the brush for it to run down the body and corner irons,

.I am a lot happier with this final result. Thanks to Kev for your input. cheers.

Andy

post-9335-0-76792300-1355846175_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-22660700-1355846223_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-20729600-1355846259_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 10

You're more than welcome Andy. I'm always happy to be helpful! :D

The Dapol 5 plank looks the business. Great job.

Your method of ballasting is exactly the same as mine. The washing up liquid really is the key. If you forget it you just end up with watery PVA running everywhere!

Hi Andy

Sorry not replying earlyer as I have up tp my son's for a few days to see the family before Christmas.

Andy you have done a fantastic job in the last few days and the rusty old shed Im lost for words it looks great.

George the station building is also looking fantastic keep up the good work.

RAY70B

Hi Guys and Gals, I have had a complete re think of the front of the layout,

I was originally planning on having the goods shed at the front and I now feel that it will form a wall for viewing.

I have now decided to put the shed on the back behind the bay platform, and this has now opened up the fromt of the layout a lot more and will give me scope for maybe a bit of a field or something along the front to add more colour.

I will need to cut the shed in half and I may try a cattle dock on there as well.

I would appreciate any critisism or whatever.

The black box is where the Station Building that George is making will go, I hope it looks better than my box.

Andy.

post-9335-0-72680400-1355867439_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-49708800-1355867464_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

Hi Andy

Sorry not replying earlyer as I have up tp my son's for a few days to see the family before Christmas.

Andy you have done a fantastic job in the last few days and the rusty old shed Im lost for words it looks great.

George the station building is also looking fantastic keep up the good work.

RAY70B

Cheers Ray, It is good to hear from you I have added some brambles around the shed so some pics next.

Andy

I have added some brambles around the old shed. The stuff I bought was from Gaugemaster and was lime green, so the first thing I did was to give it a light weathering with a bit of dark green and then some brown using the air brush.

After it was settled into place I dabbed in some PVA and added some Gaugemaster leaves, again they are a bit bright so I will tone them down a bit at a latter date.

Andy

post-9335-0-69521800-1355868355_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-21300200-1355868375_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-27641600-1355868395_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Oh Andy, you have been busy!

Great work on the wagon - those Dapol wagons are very good and great value for money. They do benefit from a bit of weathering.

Neat idea with the sponge - I will have to try that myself on the next layout.

With the foliage, that battered old shed looks great, well done.

Can you be a bit more specific on what "that stuff from Gaugemaster" that made the brambles is?

I was wrong, it is not G M, it is a Green Scene, Green Foliage Fibre, it is looks like wire wool.

Cheers Andy.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

That foliage is excellent Andy. I'll make a note to get some. I think you're working even faster than Larry (Coach) at the moment. Must be the "SWMBO-away effect". An ace layout. I may be building an O gauge parallel to KL sooner than I realised!! Oh no! :O

Jeff

This stuff?

http://www.dccsupplies.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=3753

I think I have some Woodland Scenics equivalent (http://www.ehattons.com/19147/Woodland_Scenics_FP178_Poly_Fibre_Green/StockDetail.aspx) somewhere in a box here. I like the effect you've got and will be doing something similar on my layout.

(other suppliers available etc)

George,

your work is absolutely inspiring to me! I am still in the process of selecting the "right" kind of materials for my O scale buildings and I think I will give 2 mm ply a try. Just a short question - the windows, are they also made from 2 mm ply, or is it 1 mm?