Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

HO yes that looks alot better then flat ground at the edge of the board.   Looking good Andy. I trust the paint work on the buildings will come out fine. 

Keep up the fantastic work.

RAY70B  

Yep, less is more in this case. No need for a stream.

I decided to have a break this morning and have a photo session as it was pointed pointed out to me in a posting on the previous page. A couple of pics show the new Dapol 5 plank wagon that I have weathered, and with its side door open.

Andy.

P.S. I have had trouble up loading pics this afternoon, the system is very SLOW!

post-9335-0-84223000-1357053482_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-37921500-1357053638_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-43530800-1357053751_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-23231100-1357053881_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-96121300-1357053975_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-39088100-1357054058_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-87010400-1357054169_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-95359800-1357054252_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-58321200-1357054956_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-99327100-1357055065_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-41182800-1357055146_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-56733300-1357055249_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

Andy, looking at the improvment's that you have made at Trebudoc, l really think it should have been a through station at first, possibly closed from Trebudoc by the dreaded beeching act, and that's why you have the buffer's at the end, just a thought ???

georgetT.

• RMweb Premium

This is looking excellent, Andy. And that's without George's constructions. Very nice - you are shaming me back into the bunker.....!!

And yes, the system's a bit slow here, too.

Jeff

Andy, looking at the improvment's that you have made at Trebudoc, l really think it should have been a through station at first, possibly closed from Trebudoc by the dreaded beeching act, and that's why you have the buffer's at the end, just a thought ???

georgetT.

Hi George, thought you might still be sleeping off last night, hahahha. I have taken the tracks to the end of the board and the buffers are removeable so I could add another fiddle yard, OR ANOTHER COUNTRY BOARD, for shows if I could get it all in the car. I would probably need to hire a van then and that would be to expensive for show orginisers.

Andy.

Edited by Andrew P

Trebudoc is really coming along nicely.

You have a great eye for photo's. All the photo's above are excellent.

What do you have planned with regards to passenger stock?

Trebudoc is really coming along nicely.

You have a great eye for photo's. All the photo's above are excellent.

What do you have planned with regards to passenger stock?

Hi Kev, unfortunately the answer is very little, There will be an Autocoach for certain,Poss in Blood and Custard, but I will need to install a longer Fiddle Yard for a 2 coach set plus a small loco. I have a 2 coach Mk 1 Southern Suburban set. I would also like a Western Ragion B Set to run with the Pannier and Prarie tanks. I can't get a longer fiddle yard in at home but we will see. A lot depends on how many Exhibitions I get invited to and the type of Venue, i.e. Village hall or Warley type of Show, some hopes!!!!!!!

Cheers Andy.

Hi Andy,

I've been having simular problems with planning my future 7mm layout. There was at one point a chance I might squeeze in a three coach set, but I've had to settle for two.

A single coach, something like a Collet Brake Composite or an ex Slip Coach, would be adequate for the passenger service on a quiet country branch.

How long are the roads in your fiddle yard?

I noticed when I looked at the last lot of pics that the Fence was the wrong way around and the support rails should be at the back so I have now turned it all around, although it wont show in photos for a while as I took almost 100 this morning.

Old age is creeping in I think.

NO,    I know it is.

Andy.

Hi Kev, I only have 3 roads of 34 inches each for the fiddle yard, so not much in O Gauge, a Pannier and 3  or 4 wagons, but it is enough with stock rotation at Shows to work a realistic sort of service as most people only stop for a few minutes at a time.

Andy.

• RMweb Gold

Looking good there Andy.

I guess that the loop is long enough for 3 wagons and brake van?

Plenty of scope for shunting then.

Just one small comment - seeing how nicely the locos and wagons are weathered, I think that the slightly shiny figures could do with toning down a bit ....

I think 34 inches for each road is still very usable.

I've just had a little play on my workbench with a 36 inch length of Peco track. As you can see, my 57xx Pannier and Collet Brake Compo fit easily.

post-12902-0-71827900-1357072122_thumb.jpg

There's even scope to add a fitted van to make a short mixed train.

post-12902-0-36215800-1357072152_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good there Andy.

I guess that the loop is long enough for 3 wagons and brake van?

Plenty of scope for shunting then.

Just one small comment - seeing how nicely the locos and wagons are weathered, I think that the slightly shiny figures could do with toning down a bit ....

Hi Richard, toneing down the figures is the least of my worries, :O  one Guy has lost his Left Foot! :scratchhead: can't find it anywhere, I will have to put him on a cruch or make a new one :sungum:

Andy.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Andy - what camera are you using to take the photos? They are well-framed suggesting a DSLR. Lighting helps - we've discussed this before. I must get this sorted before the scenery starts to rise in KL.

And if anybody doubted the wisdom of O gauge (they'd have to be stupid) - Trebudoc is as good an advert as any to change their minds.

Lovely details (you'll tell me the weeds are to cover the "poor" modelling! Ha ha).

Jeff

• Like 2

Andy- looking totally amazing!!

Can't believe how much has changed since I last looked.

Keep up the good work.

All the best for 2013.

Jack.

Cheers Jack good to hear from you.

All the best for 2013,

Andy.

• Like 1

I think 34 inches for each road is still very usable.

I've just had a little play on my workbench with a 36 inch length of Peco track. As you can see, my 57xx Pannier and Collet Brake Compo fit easily.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

There's even scope to add a fitted van to make a short mixed train.

attachicon.gif2.jpg

That is about what I figured but I am 2 inches shorter that the 36 inches you have there. I should still be O.K. but it will be VERY TIGHT.

Andy.

That is about what I figured but I am 2 inches shorter that the 36 inches you have there. I should still be O.K. but it will be VERY TIGHT.

Andy.

It should fit fine, if you look closely you'll see that there's a good two inches of the track sticking off the end of the bench. ;)

Andy - what camera are you using to take the photos? They are well-framed suggesting a DSLR. Lighting helps - we've discussed this before. I must get this sorted before the scenery starts to rise in KL.

And if anybody doubted the wisdom of O gauge (they'd have to be stupid) - Trebudoc is as good an advert as any to change their minds.

Lovely details (you'll tell me the weeds are to cover the "poor" modelling! Ha ha).

Jeff

Good Evening Jeff, my camera is a Fiji,FinePix S 5700 Digital Camera, I have used a setting of F13.6 whis is the max for this camera, I nomally use Macro, or Super Macro, a 10 Second Timer and on a Tripod if I can.

You are right about the weeds, I may have to cover them with more ground cover as they arn't setting in too well.

As for O Gauge,  Only 3 points at about £40 each, 5 lengths of track at about £6 each, 3 Locos and 12 Wagons, Total costing about £2000, so not cheap but the average OO Layout has some 20 odd points, 25 to 30 yards of track or more, and some 15 or so Locos, 20 Wagons and 10 coaches, Not a lot different. :no:

All the best for Yourself and K.L. and all your followers into 2013.

NOW GET ON WITH YOUR LAYOUT AND STOP LOITERING HERE, :stinker: hahahhahha :locomotive:

Andy.

• Like 1

It should fit fine, if you look closely you'll see that there's a good two inches of the track sticking off the end of the bench. ;)

Yes Kev, I did notice that, thanks for posting the pics it has helped both me, and others thinking about changing to O Gauge.

Come on Jeff, have you seen this and Kevs wonderful pics.

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Good Evening Jeff, my camera is a Fiji,FinePix S 5700 Digital Camera, I have used a setting of F13.6 whis is the max for this camera, I nomally use Macro, or Super Macro, a 10 Second Timer and on a Tripod if I can.

You are right about the weeds, I may have to cover them with more ground cover as they arn't setting in too well.

As for O Gauge,  Only 3 points at about £40 each, 5 lengths of track at about £6 each, 3 Locos and 12 Wagons, Total costing about £2000, so not cheap but the average OO Layout has some 20 odd points, 25 to 30 yards of track or more, and some 15 or so Locos, 20 Wagons and 10 coaches, Not a lot different. :no:

All the best for Yourself and K.L. and all your followers into 2013.

NOW GET ON WITH YOUR LAYOUT AND STOP LOITERING HERE, :stinker: hahahhahha :locomotive:

Andy.

I'm heartened by that! The cost of SMP and Marcway turnouts for KL has been £1600. So it's not bad news at all. AND you've got the BWT to come, later in the year!

OK, I'll bug*er off leave - I know when I'm not wanted!!  :cry:  :cry:

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Yes Kev, I did notice that, thanks for posting the pics it has helped both me, and others thinking about changing to O Gauge.

Come on Jeff, have you seen this and Kevs wonderful pics.

Andy

You're most welcome Andy. Always good to be of use!

I'm heartened by that! The cost of SMP and Marcway turnouts for KL has been £1600. So it's not bad news at all. AND you've got the BWT to come, later in the year!

OK, I'll bug*er off leave - I know when I'm not wanted!!  :cry:  :cry:

Jeff

Didn't mean it mate, :O  COME BACK, COME BACK PLEASE, :O  Only joking, :scratchhead: I need your input, as I need some SANITY :nono:  on here somewhere :butcher:

iF YOU DON.T COME BACK I WILL PLAGUE KL for ever and ever, hahahhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhheheheheheheeeee

LOO NEE.