Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

Andy.

George has done a fantastic job the station building.

RAY70B

Cheers Ray, George really is the ultimate professional when it come to anything like this, I am really greatfull that he asked me if he could take on the project, he will be rewarded well. Andy.

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Ray, George really is the ultimate professional when it come to anything like this, I am really greatfull that he asked me if he could take on the project, he will be rewarded well. Andy.

I should hope so!! :sungum:

A fantastic bit of work and an inspiration to us all. George - can I thank you again for showing me the use of 2mm ply - it's a bl**dy marvellous material to work with!

I'll be interested to see how you paint this, Andy.

Jeff

I should hope so!! :sungum:

A fantastic bit of work and an inspiration to us all. George - can I thank you again for showing me the use of 2mm ply - it's a bl**dy marvellous material to work with!

I'll be interested to see how you paint this, Andy.

Jeff

See how I paint this? paint it, WOT you want me to ruin it, ha ho he,ha ha

Andy.

Hello. to everyone who has chipped in on Andy's Trebudoc thread, silly as it sound's, but the easiest bit is the building part of the project ? the hardest part IMHO is the painting and weathering, a guy bought a 7mm loco along, which was a David Andrew's kit of a Bullied west country, it cost him a small fortune with the wheel's and motor etc, and took him best part of a year to build, it was lovely, BUT then he went and hand painted it with a white white brush, it was awful, so yes the painting can make or break a loco, or building,

Andy has painted many building's, and weathered the stock l have made for year's, and he is the master IMHO at what he does, he even came up to my house and did ALL the scenic's on a layout l was building and it took him just a day to make, what a difference, something l could never have done,

georgeT

• Like 2

George, no doubt, you have a good point there! Unfortunately, painting and weathering is not my strength at all and I know, that I will be running into a problem soon. I am right now assembling my KBScale kit of A Deutz OMZ 117, which I want to be just "perfect". Assembly goes well, but the prospect of ruining an otherwise nicely built loco gives me the creeps. If I could only afford a professional paint job ...

My KB Scale Deutz is still in its box for the same reasons as Sir Madog states. I don't think I have the skills to do justice to the etch, let alone paint it properly (I don't own an airbrush etc).

I guess if you stuff up a building though, it can be rescued with another coat of paint but stuff up a loco and you have to clean it off before you can start all over again.

Cheers Guys, keep your opinions coming as that is what motivates me to keep adding new bits.

George and I had a disscussion about the Goods Shed last night and again this morning before he had to go off to something I think he called WORK, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk, any way we have now decided that he will build a small shed to span the bay for the goods vans to run through. He will also add a small shed to one end and a loading door to the other.

I will be building a small Coal Shed, poss in corragated similar to the rusted derilict shed, we will see just how that developes.

Andy.

Hi Andy, l think l will use some very thin grey card, l will cut them all out, then fix them individually, on double-sided tape, then when finished will give the whole roof a spray of cheap (99p) hair spray to fix them, and give you a dull matt key surface to paint and weather them............

georgeT

• RMweb Premium

That really is a beautiful job, George. You ought to set up in business - you'd make a killing! I wonder how much a structure such as that would retail for on the open market - given its size and compared to RTR. £200?

Anyway, it's highly inspirational stuff!! It'll be interesting to see the colour scheme Andy comes up with...

Jeff

That really is a beautiful job, George. You ought to set up in business - you'd make a killing! I wonder how much a structure such as that would retail for on the open market - given its size and compared to RTR. £200?

Anyway, it's highly inspirational stuff!! It'll be interesting to see the colour scheme Andy comes up with...

Jeff

Jeff, you are right about George setting up in Business, I have been telling him this for many years, (thats about TWENTY YEARS) from the days when he used to re build Wrenn and Hornby Dublo Bullied locos with home made and Albert Goodall parts.

He has made many buildings as he did on his OO layout Marlbury a couple of years ago with a beautifull station , signal box, goods shed and engine shed

He made an O Gauge Signal Box last year with a fully detailed inteior all from scratch.

BUT and it is a big BUT, he trys to hard, if you read his reports you will see that if he is NOT 100% happy with one small aspect, he will take it apart and start again, this is something you could not afford to do if you were doing it as a PROFIT MAKING BUSINESS.

Again you are right about how much it would cost to get a company to do this job, BUT DON'T PUT THAT ON HERE :nono: GEORGE MIGHT SEE IT :O ha ha ha

Andy :jester:

P.S. below are some buildings that Georges has done in the past, plus a TOTAL RESPRAY on a Class 37.

post-9335-0-99419400-1356099152_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-66313800-1356099196_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-03475300-1356099462_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-48165100-1356099651_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-93456700-1356099753.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

Hello Andy, Thank you for all the kind word's of encouragement, MARLBURY was when l was building in card and in '00' l think l will build that station and goods shed again in 7mm for Abbot's Mead', hopefully Trebudoc station should be finished this weekend...

georgeT

• RMweb Premium

Yes Andy, I see what you mean with your showcase of George's work. Sorry George, we're probably embarrassing you with all this discussion of your work. I know there's a difference between doing something for "love" and as a job. The latter can become a chore. But I'm sure there'd be a few people on the Forum who'd commission work for you.

Irrespective, it's been great seeing your technique and Andy clearly appreciates your efforts!

Jeff

Jeff. lf any fellow RMwebber's would like me to build a building of anything in 7mm just PM me on my (georgeT 7mm workbench) in the kitbuild and scratchbuild section, and we can come up with something l'm sure, you just supply the window and door echting's and l'll build something around them ? could even commission Andy to paint it.

Andy. l have taken the window's out of Trebudoc ? was'nt too happy with them so l have re-done them.

georgeT