Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

Well I have been struggling to get on here for the last couple of days since the up dates and could not find out how to clear my memory thingys that were the problem, anyway that kind man Jeff,(Physicsman) e-mail me and told me what what to do. Thanks for that Jeff, Normal Service is Now Restored.

Andy

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you all, and thanks for your support and contributions thoughout 2012, not only on here but on all my sites,

Thanks again and raise a glass with me to 2013 

Andy.

• Like 8

Hi all, well I have spent some time today making a small goods shed for the back of the platform.

Now George was going to make one the same as the Station Building, but I felt that to many Stone Buildings would make the layout see heavy and over engineered, probably more that a small terminus would have.

So I decided to make a small tin goods shed, You have all seen the work that George does but I am nowhere near as profesional.

My method involves

1. getting a piece of MDF, and cut it about square

2. make two side and a roof former

3. Hot Glue it all together

4. cover it with plasticard

5. make a canopy

6 see if it fits.

see the pics below.

Andy           P.S. it still needs a bit of filler and then painting and weathering.

post-9335-0-58903300-1356294697_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-13156300-1356294728_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-37171000-1356294760_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-18448800-1356294791_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-54925600-1356294819_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-45973500-1356294852_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-27009500-1356294883_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-14279000-1356294909_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-64807000-1356294937_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks all, I had a call from a very grumpy George this morning as he was not impressed with my tin shed, I do have to agree with him to a certan degree, but I am just a little aware that another Stone building will be too much, it such a small area.

I want the layout to look larger than it is, and therefore LESS IS MORE,

The jury is still out and as I wont be going back into the Den untill Thursday it will give me some time to think about it.

Andy. 

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

I think a tin shed is just the job in that location, but can I make one suggestion?

When using the plasticard, cut it into scale-sized sheets and apply them individually. You dont have to overlap them, but it just makes it look less smooth and uniform. Embossing the nailheads from behind with a sharp poin beforehand will help give it some relief. When painting corrugated iron, I paint each sheet individually so that they have subtle variations in finish. Don't overdo it though!

When adding weathering using dirty washes, it will run into the joins and gather along the edges and round the nailheads; in the same way as you have done with the wagons.

Merry Christmas,

Dave.

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

I think a tin shed is just the job in that location, but can I make one suggestion?

When using the plasticard, cut it into scale-sized sheets and apply them individually. You dont have to overlap them, but it just makes it look less smooth and uniform. Embossing the nailheads from behind with a sharp poin beforehand will help give it some relief. When painting corrugated iron, I paint each sheet individually so that they have subtle variations in finish. Don't overdo it though!

When adding weathering using dirty washes, it will run into the joins and gather along the edges and round the nailheads; in the same way as you have done with the wagons.

Merry Christmas,

Dave.

Thanks for that Dave, You are right about individual sheets, in fact just as I did on the other shed roof, I may re do that after Christmas.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and all yours.

Andy.

Andy, You were even grumpier ?,  Anyway the point was, it's not your modelling ability l was knocking, it was that you said that you wanted everything the same, like most station are (or were), l just don't think they would have used this stone for this and that stone for that, l just don't think they would have use the corrigated iron that you have used, (Please correct me if l'm wrong) as you usally do.  HaHaHa   (you're still on my christmas card list)  HaHaHa

Anyway Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you on the Trebudoc thread, even grumpy Andy..

georgeT

Edited by georgeT

I don't know if it's just my computer but all I'm getting on the second video is the audio.

I have the same problem, I can only get it through the You Tube link,   Andy.

Hello Andy, l have found part 2, my layout 'Marlbury' all the scenic's done by you.

Thanks for finding that George,

Andy

As a further reply to Dave, in post 492, this is a pic from Buckfast Station on the South Devon Railway, this is what I had in mind, but I am still not to sure. One sheet Tin sides but I have added the canopy so I can have the door open and it won't look half reliefe inside

post-9335-0-85095700-1356536256_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

I can see what you mean Andy.

However, that particular building appears to be a supersize pagoda hut. Which would have been used for general storage, lamp room, equiptment lock up or a bicycle shed, rather than a goods shed.

Good point Kev, I had not ralised that, thanks, more time for a re think me thinks.

Something small like the sheds that were at Hullavington, Little Somerford and Wotten Basset is probably the sort of building you're after. All of these sheds were brick built though. The old shed at Hullavington is now used as storage by the coal merchant who occupies that part of the old station site. This pic might give you some help with regard to size and style. Perhaps something simular in stone or tin (which ever you decide on) .

post-12902-0-19158900-1356538223_thumb.jpg