Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

Something small like the sheds that were at Hullavington, Little Somerford and Wotten Basset is probably the sort of building you're after. All of these sheds were brick built though. The old shed at Hullavington is now used as storage by the coal merchant who occupies that part of the old station site. This pic might give you some help with regard to size and style. Perhaps something simular in stone or tin (which ever you decide on) .

attachicon.gif03122012087.jpg

Nice one mate, Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi George, that Signak Box is looking just great thanks, I will need to get an interior for it, Skytrex do quite a good one, unless you can put in a floor and a few levers. If not don't worry I will sort it along with a Body inside, If you make it hollow I can build a frame to go inside with all the bits on and just sit the box over it.

Andy.

• RMweb Premium

Quick Christmas visit to T, Andy. More excellent work from George! As long as you stick close to your prototype with your buildings, you're not going to go far wrong.

Remember - in your own words - serious modelling starts in the New Year! Lol!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Quick Christmas visit to T, Andy. More excellent work from George! As long as you stick close to your prototype with your buildings, you're not going to go far wrong.

Remember - in your own words - serious modelling starts in the New Year! Lol!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, Hope you are havnig a good time at your Dads, :sungum: yes you are right, serious modelling starts in the NEW YEAR,             Oh sugar, forgot to say WHICH NEW YEAR, :scratchhead:

Maybe Chineese New Year :no: ,that good Country for manufacture of new models and also good food  :O.

Must find Chop Sticks,        to make fence post :mail:

Liu nee. :locomotive:

Hello Andy, Done quite a bit to Trebudoc signal box, it needs a lot more work yet, but you said you wanted to see the progress so far, l have cut a large opening in the top of the box and the roof will be removable, so you can detail the box..

l'd like to wish you, and all those who have encouraged us in the building of Trebudoc a very happy new, and happy modelling in 2013.

georgeT

post-7716-0-74660000-1356625623_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-99290100-1356625637_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-60683400-1356625649_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-22515200-1356625662_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-71579100-1356625677_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Hello Andy, Done quite a bit to Trebudoc signal box, it needs a lot more work yet, but you said you wanted to see the progress so far, l have cut a large opening in the top of the box and the roof will be removable, so you can detail the box..

l'd like to wish you, and all those who have encouraged us in the building of Trebudoc a very happy new, and happy modelling in 2013.

georgeT

Thanks for the Signal Box pics mate, really coming on well.

Andy.

Great looking signal box.

Interesting way to represent the planking - is it worth adding a little 'grain' into the DAS? I would think that this would be noticable in 7mm?

Good point Richard, I will emulate that with a fine wire brush before I treat it.

Andy.

• Like 1

Hi Andy and George,hope you both had a good Christmas! George that signal box is stunning,well done mate. Regards,bob

Bob, good to hear from you, I hope you and Julie had a good Christmas and I wish you both a Happy and Prosporous New Year.

Give me a call when you are free and we will have a catch up over a Coffee. all the best

Andy

georgeT

Hi George

Please do not add a grain to the timber you cant see at 12"-1' scale. I think wood looks far better smooth. When I was in the clock trade wooden clocks where finished to a high shine, plastic looking. But a plastic clock cases where grained and looked like cheap and nasty plastic, even though the colouring and graining was the same as the real wooden ones.

That aside it is a great little model. The outside framing really looks the part.

Hi George

Please do not add a grain to the timber you cant see at 12"-1' scale. I think wood looks far better smooth. When I was in the clock trade wooden clocks where finished to a high shine, plastic looking. But a plastic clock cases where grained and looked like cheap and nasty plastic, even though the colouring and graining was the same as the real wooden ones.

That aside it is a great little model. The outside framing really looks the part.

Thanks for the tip Peter, I will remember that as I have a shed to build as well.

Andy.

Wow mate,  that looks fantastic, I am looking forward to collecting it soon, I will try to get up in the New Year and bring Trebudoc with me so we can set up the Station Building as well as the Signal Box.

Cheers, Andy.

Andy, l am off on the  4-5-6-7th  January my long weekend, your building's will be ready for fitting on Trebudoc, plus we can have a play with your sound loco's, catch up later as l have to go to work...

georgeT

Hi George, the Fri, Sat or Sun sounds good, I can't do the Monday, we will see what the weather is a bit nearer the time.

Andy

Hi all, back to some modelling at long last, Yesterday I fitted the wall between the Cattle Dock and the Road over Bridge along the rear of the Layout and also gave the platform a coat of paint.

The backscene is just a temporary board I put in place for the pics and the full backscene board will be purchased in the new year.

The platform surface is painted with B&Q Blackboard paint, Jeff (Physicsman) and general Lunester! although being an Ex Teacher will be to young to remember Blackboards at School, ( yea right O) ha ha.

I think I have decided NOT to have a building or shed along the back, and just have it as a loading dock for the time being, and then see how it looks once all the backscene and fittings are in place.

Andy

post-9335-0-87990400-1356700027_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-62913000-1356700048_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-61373100-1356700069_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46388000-1356700087_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-71761300-1356700106_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Nice work Andy. Good to see you back to modelling - and it's not even the New Year!

And yes, I'm old enough to have had blackboards as both pupil and teacher. Now behave yourself or you'll have a detention!!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Andy, l managed to get the roof on at last, the beam's on the top of the canopy will be sanded down a bit more, we need to support the 4mm plywood as much as we can to avoid warping over time, we should be OK as l have cross supporting beam's underneath the canopy as well.....

georgeT

post-7716-0-00363900-1356775485_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-14284500-1356775496_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-60896400-1356775508_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Morning Andy.

Now I'm back home, and don't have to use my phone to get on the web, I've had a look at the "great man" in action with your undiluted PVA. Remember - it dries translucent!

An enjoyable couple of vids that you and George put together. I think you should do a few more.  :sungum:

Jeff