Street Running in the USA or Canada

trisonic

• RMweb Premium

Another one I'm barred from! And no, I don't use an ad-blocker.

What exactly does it say?

As the site is a marketplace for prints with the goods on show I cannot see why it is blocked on some PCs. Why bar potential customers?

It's rather like Hornby blocking you from their website!

I originally found Shorpy from a link in another topic on RMweb, so others must be able to see it.

Keith

EDIT It must be just as frustrating as my PC without ADP still getting the adblocker message on Railpictures.

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

As the site is a marketplace for prints with the goods on show I cannot see why it is blocked on some PCs. Why bar potential customers?

I originally found Shorpy from a link in another topic on RMweb, so others must be able to see it.

Keith

EDIT It must be just as frustrating as my PC without ADP still getting the adblocker message on Railpictures.

I can see the Shorpy website and also view it on Facebook. If it is a sales site it might be to protect copyright.

• RMweb Premium

Another picture of Denver, Colorado. This is a Denver Rock Island Railroad train running down Packinghouse Road. The DRIR is a Class III railroad.

http://www.railpictures.net/photo/536206/

Wendell

Idaho, USA

I noticed the spiked wheel nut covers on the truck in the foreground, strictly illegal in the UK and most of Europe.

Keith

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /files/images/02884u_0.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 301 Moved Permanently error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

• RMweb Premium

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /files/images/02884u_0.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 301 Moved Permanently error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Try this:

http://www.shorpy.com/node/1784

And another

http://www.shorpy.com/node/1787

Then you can click to enlarge (if it works!)

My Railway room computer got exactly the same message but I can access it differently with that link.

Keith

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

I noticed the spiked wheel nut covers on the truck in the foreground, strictly illegal in the UK and most of Europe.

I am a truck driver myself by profession. Even though I live in The States, I am not too fond of spiked wheel nut covers because they get stolen a lot in the major cities.

Wendell

Idaho, USA

• RMweb Premium

I am a truck driver myself by profession. Even though I live in The States, I am not too fond of spiked wheel nut covers because they get stolen a lot in the major cities.

Wendell

Idaho, USA

Doesn't somebody do rubber ones?

I'm sure I've seen them

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Apologies for the O/T.

There are times when I wish I had spikes wheel nuts on my car driving round Blackburn. Especially around schools at kick out time when the students considered that they were invincible.......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Here is the one from Syracuse I posted earlier of the Empire State Express

It's a view from the opposite side to one that someone put up earlier

http://www.shorpy.com/node/9011

And the first "Death Avenue" one:

http://www.shorpy.com/node/1782

Keith

EDIT Even I am now getting the "403 Forbidden" message on the ones I originally posted so somethings changed somewhere on the site

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 2

Dear Gordon,

AFAIK the application is typically location specific. Kalmbach have published a number of "loco waits for car" pics over the years, with references to "train obeys traffic signals",
(street trackage speed limits in the single digits and an alert train-crew definitely helps!),

but equally I've seen a number of applications of both active/automatic "triggered track-circuit --> triggers vehicular stop-lights" and passive "trains comes to a halt, crewmember hits the ground and triggers a timed circuit, and the vehicular lights go red for the perscribed time period" systems...
(Where's "SignalMaintainer" Paul S when we need him? He'd be the perfect man for such questions...)

I've not seen any references to US local (street-running) trains having Emergency-Vehicle type "light changer" units, FWIW...

Happy Modelling,
Aim to Improve,
Prof Klyzlr

• Like 1

Dear Gordon,

AFAIK the application is typically location specific. Kalmbach have published a number of "loco waits for car" pics over the years, with references to "train obeys traffic signals",

(street trackage speed limits in the single digits and an alert train-crew definitely helps!),

but equally I've seen a number of applications of both active/automatic "triggered track-circuit --> triggers vehicular stop-lights" and passive "trains comes to a halt, crewmember hits the ground and triggers a timed circuit, and the vehicular lights go red for the perscribed time period" systems...

(Where's "SignalMaintainer" Paul S when we need him? He'd be the perfect man for such questions...)

I've not seen any references to US local (street-running) trains having Emergency-Vehicle type "light changer" units, FWIW...

Happy Modelling,

Aim to Improve,

Prof Klyzlr

Thank you for the reply Prof K.

Gordon A

• RMweb Premium

I find this thread quite interesting.

Can any one tell me if the trains have to obey the traffic lights, or can they be operated by the train crew?

Gordon A

There was something posted somewhere about train crews not to accept speeding tickets from local sherrifs as the train tracks were not part of the public highway. Not what you were asking but something peripheral.

Keith

• Like 2

I find this thread quite interesting.

Can any one tell me if the trains have to obey the traffic lights, or can they be operated by the train crew?

Gordon A

Gordon, here in The States, the freight and commuter(heavy rail) trains do not have to stop at the traffic signals(stoplights) or stop signs. Light rail trains do not have to stop at the stop signs, but they must obey the traffic signals(e.g.- in Los Angeles).

Wendell

Idaho, USA