GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Thanks Andy l have seen some nice vans l want too, so l think a nice yard with ware houses and a dockside etc etc and plenty of cobbles...(That's the plan today anyways Hahahahaha).......

• Like 1

Hello Andy, l have had a break from railway modelling today and have started to build a London Transport 6 wheel trolly bus, l have always wanted one but could never find one, the only one l found was a white metal kit but it was far to expensive so l decided to try and make one for myself out of two scrap 150/th buses it meant quite a bit of cutting, but after a few hours l have the body almost done, lts not perfect by any means, but it looks like the trolly bus l need for the bridge on 'Catherine's Wharf' and all the bits of body l have left will hopefully make a tender to fix the electric wires above the trolly bus, will fill in all the gaps etc with filler, then a nice coat of grey primer, made a nice change to do something different...

post-7716-0-07843300-1501779294_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-78291900-1501779349_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-98312100-1501779402_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-92633500-1501779479_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-55306000-1501779539_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-60001800-1501779603_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-81012400-1501779661_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-17159400-1501779700_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-27573300-1501779735_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-33163000-1501779770_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Cheers Guys, l have always put a bus on the bridge they just look the part (don't know why) but they just do Hahahaha, l will need a bridge over the fiddle yard on 'Catherine's Wharf' l will be starting again soon, and as the year will be the early 50s south London whats better that a trolley bus and all the wires above, cobbles as well....

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi George

A 'day of memories on the RMweb - this is the forth. "I was there" rings true in London because I was present at the Wimbledon Town Hall when the last London trolleybus left for Kingston.  What I remember most about travelling in them was their quiet 'swish' on acceleration.

Peter

• Like 2

Thanks Peter, l have loved the Trolley buses of London for as long as l can remember and saw my first a couple of years back in covent garden in the museum, took loads of pictures and thats the reason for the latest project...

• Like 2

Hello Mate, No not yet l have had a few problems with it, like removing the electric poles along on the roof to get it to look right and they were a bit longer than the ones on the model l started with...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello Andy, l have had a break from railway modelling today and have started to build a London Transport 6 wheel trolly bus, l have always wanted one but could never find one, the only one l found was a white metal kit but it was far to expensive so l decided to try and make one for myself out of two scrap 150/th buses it meant quite a bit of cutting, but after a few hours l have the body almost done, lts not perfect by any means, but it looks like the trolly bus l need for the bridge on 'Catherine's Wharf' and all the bits of body l have left will hopefully make a tender to fix the electric wires above the trolly bus, will fill in all the gaps etc with filler, then a nice coat of grey primer, made a nice change to do something different...

Bit late with this....but as I might have mentioned before on another of your posts/ thread you are a clever b*gg*r! Great stuff.

Thanks for the kind words Phil l have to put a bus on a bridge (as we do) so l thought what about a London trolley ? and did not fancy paying £215 for a 7mm resin body kit, the model is not correct in many ways but it looks about right if you don't look too close  Hahahaha...