When the real thing looks like a model

18 hours ago, 6990WitherslackHall said:

Someone modelled Harworth engine sheds on the Keighley Worth Valley Railway and it looks spot on! There is a lot of detail.

IMG_20230204_145535_365.jpg.3a0d92740ce9dc326b39cadceee732ec.jpg

If that picture had been posted later on this year I would imagine there would be quite a bit of discussion around if that Pacer was the Realtrack or EFE version! 

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

They were always a bit iffy in my opinion .... more so on real track - though not so bad on modern continuously welded stuff.

Longest journey I did in one was in a 142 or 143 from Bristol Parkway to Taunton back in 2008. Bouncing along the B&E mainline at 70 towards Weston S-M was quite the experience!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, pH said:

Interesting scenic treatment:

https://www.railpictures.net/photo/228003/

10 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Yeah, just laid a length of Streamline over a mound of sand-&-cement !

I hope there's cement in that mix!! Loose sand is gonna play havoc if it gets inside those model locos!! 😱🤣👍

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

From someone I follow on Flickr... Wickham Trolley at ICI Wilton Works. Yes you can run a full size flat wagon behind your Wickham trolley 😆.

Also on the 'Prototype for Everything' thread.

wickham.jpg.4925cc11cd1b526ac1d866067b8708e9.jpg

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

Nothing whatsoever to do with railways - but, whatever they're saying, those two newsreaders' facial expressions are identical !

They’re both caught saying the duh syllable of “Do you like the model railway in the background….?’

• Funny 3

15 hours ago, Chris M said:

So, I’m watching my local news (Midlands Today) and I thought, goodness me they’ve got a model railway on their background. On closer inspection it’s a webcam showing Birmingham Moor Street Station. It just doesn’t look very real.

E8118F10-5C65-4C3A-A05C-16CF1A86907D.jpeg.46af4b42c51eab4eff9b2f294b574281.jpeg

Did anyone else try to look for where the camera is? 😄

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Chris M said:

They have got a lot of lights on this layout but maybe they are too bright. Even that packaging has some lights fitted.

D6B4E553-3B57-413E-BC60-03B7A5406BD1.jpeg.7010b2f4f07042da45b58e5136b153ae.jpeg

Good old Midland Today - the opening titles of which show the view of Bordersley Goods Loops taken from Small Heath Stations overbridge. Whenever it comes on I say to Mrs.Rugd1022 ''I've spent hours in those loops'' to which she just gives me a funny look...!

• Funny 4