Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium

No major snow issues on the way here yesterday, although I gather the layout's transit boxes might require some winter tyres fitting!

Paul - yes the cortina arrived during the week and I've even remembered to bring it with me!

Right; time for breakfast then off to play trains, come and say hello if you are visiting.

• Like 2

Mornin' Chris, 

The best snow scenes are further along the A53, as you probably saw on the news last night. Here is what we woke up to this morning 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfPeQ6S_Z4U&feature=youtu.be

In places there is just bare ground and in others the snow is feet deep, according to where the wind has blown it to.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71

I've got neck-ache catching up, so to save spooling back looking for it, what is the length of this very neat layout? So much to like (trackwork, scenery, structures, Stanier 2-6-0!) but the feeder in particular caught my attention. It adds an extra dimension to the layout both visually and operationally. Lot to be said for bags of scenery surrounding the railway....I like it.

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I've got neck-ache catching up, so to save spooling back looking for it, what is the length of this very neat layout? So much to like (trackwork, scenery, structures, Stanier 2-6-0!) but the feeder in particular caught my attention. It adds an extra dimension to the layout both visually and operationally. Lot to be said for bags of scenery surrounding the railway....I like it.

Larry - thanks for the kind comments.

The scenic part of the layout is a scale 25 chains long (don't ask). That's a scale 1650ft, which at 4mm appears to be bang on 6.6m long (a bit under 22ft in old money). The boards are about 900mm deep, or nearer a 1m with the fascia panels. The fiddles are probably about 8' long each at the moment, maybe. 

So all in all about 38' x 3'4". 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

ISTR when they hired the village hall to assemble it for the first time, they'd forgotten just how long it was - and it wouldn't fit!

No we forgot that the village hall main room was shorter! (A memory fading issue - forgetting that Treneglos was never put up in there in one go...) The theory had been that if TG fitted BCB would too... ooops

• Like 1

These little beauties ran for the first time on BCB today and they behaved themselves beautifully, I have it on a rather shaky video (I'm no threat to the world of videographers) which I'll upload when I work out how to get it on here without opening a you-tube account

• Like 1

Hi,

I just came back from Ally Pally, having seen Black Country Blues for the first time I must say, wow, it is simply stunning, no other word for it!

As said, it looks like the Black Country and the Backscene is superb! The lighting does make it look as those it is a cloudy day, just like the backscene, I can't put my finger on what makes it do that, but it works really well.  The sound added that extra dimension, the buildings look brillant and fit well together, and I can't wait to see it again. 

BCB is one of the best layouts I've seen and one of the best at the show, so well done guys, you've built a fantastic layout in what seems a very short amount to time, you should be very proud of yourselves!

Simon

• Like 8

I have to say, Flavio, that your Tennant's building is very photogenic indeed! You might like the image below that I caught of it "in situ".... :)

post-6712-0-57835400-1364169818_thumb.jpg

I'll sort out the ones of the Oldbury Road one later....

• Like 13