Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

• RMweb Gold

pencil holder...

Which reminds me of the vintage joke of the construction worker on site who suffered a horrific accident which severed his right ear off.

After much time spent looking for it on site, the Foreman shouts "here it is"...

And the worker says..."no...mine had a pencil behind it"

Hat - Coat - Site Boots - Adios :D

• Like 5

Which reminds me of the vintage joke of the construction worker on site who suffered a horrific accident which severed his right ear off.

After much time spent looking for it on site, the Foreman shouts "here it is"...

And the worker says..."no...mine had a pencil behind it"

Hat - Coat - Site Boots - Adios :D

Thats a bad joke

ha ha ha

• Like 1

Todays progress........

post-8734-0-70479700-1339938169_thumb.jpg

Enough for now me thinks.

The next steps will to be to mark out for the trackbed and to start building embankments (the top of these base boards are well below what the final trackbed height will be)

Rumour has it that we may also be allowed to show our progress at the forthcoming RMweb members day. - unconfirmed tho...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I thought the rumour was that we mite already be there playing trains ?

More than a rumour, we do have an invite for New Haden to attend Member's Day - although that certainly wouldn't prevent some of the BCB boards attending too

I'm not overly convinced that too many comparisons should be drawn with Littleton, although the track layout is similar. IMHO Littleton was on a busy and rather fast main line, whereas (and forgive me if I have misunderstood) BCB is a bit of a backwater route with a maximum speed of neary half that of the Grand Junction lines. Surely there will be differences ?

Just a thought

• RMweb Gold

I'm not overly convinced that too many comparisons should be drawn with Littleton, although the track layout is similar. IMHO Littleton was on a busy and rather fast main line, whereas (and forgive me if I have misunderstood) BCB is a bit of a backwater route with a maximum speed of neary half that of the Grand Junction lines. Surely there will be differences ?

Just a thought

Only one signal that was provided (which is valid anyway, it's an alternate way of signalling that end of the layout, and Littleton provided the "local" link, there is no comparison with anything else, unless I've missed something earlier), but it has nothing to do with the line speed, it's in the sidings

Not that line speed necessarily alters signalling anyway, distances maybe, and block regulations used/permitted but just because the speed is, say 50mph, as opposed to 75mph, the signalling doesn't suddenly change dramatically so I'm not sure what the point is ? Perhaps you could expand on what you feel the differences should be and what you think is wrong with the plan submitted ?

Todays progress........

post-8734-0-70479700-1339938169_thumb.jpg

Enough for now me thinks.

The next steps will to be to mark out for the trackbed and to start building embankments (the top of these base boards are well below what the final trackbed height will be)

Rumour has it that we may also be allowed to show our progress at the forthcoming RMweb members day. - unconfirmed tho...

While posting this picture yesterday I heard an almighty crash from outside.

Yes indeed, they had all fallen over and on to the garden.

No harm done - well not to the boards......

I think a quality board display is in order; I shall make space accordingly.

Excellent.

The layouts about a hundred foot the last time I looked and at the last 'design lock down' we had.......

There may be more than just boards tho for the show.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The old gringo supplied the necessary data based on rail / chair / sleeper / cork and ply wood thicknesses. The upright pillars are 18mm thick (this allows a couple of mm for plasticard cladding). Spookily that is the same size as a local DIY stores planed timber. The internal width is 91mm so with the stores nearest dimension of 94mm x 18mm I only had to take 3mm off with the router. Cutting them to height means that the trackbed will be fully supported by the viaduct. The packing around the bottom of the pillars is the start of the flared bases.post-8894-0-69708600-1340048487_thumb.jpgpost-8894-0-30526000-1340048438_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Excellent.

The layouts about a hundred foot the last time I looked and at the last 'design lock down' we had.......

There may be more than just boards tho for the show.....

Has anyone mentioned the station board to Andy Y yet?

I've been biting my tongue for long enough.

When will you construct the "gantry" to suspend Johnny Gringo from (above all others)?

Seriously good work!!! Cornish Pasties? Steak and Ale Pies? Steak and Kidney Pies? Plain Steak Pies? Pork Pies? Which is favoured on this layout?

All the best, Pete.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Pete, I believe that Damian is building John a very special pulpit. It will be high, so he can see. Have a seat to take the weight of his poor old feet. Have a small kitchen area to keep him sustained. And be mobile - motorised on wheels. Think Davros and you're not far off.

• Like 3