Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

I should make the sound chips louder.

Had a bit of Sulzer superpower on the Saturday evening last year with 108 and 133; the last time I'd been in the cab of a Peak was going up Lickey but it was still a good consolation. :)

Twin_Peaks.jpg

Six very dirty TEAs now on the bench.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Fantastic, and to think they used to have an orange stripe.

When we bought them I was a bit surprised by the orange stripe as it wasn't visible in the few photos I found from our era. Not sure if it was a later addition or if the tanks were so filthy that the stripe was completely covered. Sounds like Andy has done a good job of representing this!

Yes; possibly the cackiest wagons I've done. Notwithstanding the discussions about different tank ends which may mean a future re-visit I think we can improve on capturing the weld seams.

TEA-dribble_small.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

Here's a link to the Historex transfer site, the bottom of page 10 & top of page 11 have various weld transfers.

http://www.historexagents.com/shop/hxsearchresults.php?SupplierCode=AT&GrpKey=&DscKey=&SearchData=&ComingSoon=&PageNo=10

SS

Edited by Siberian Snooper

• RMweb Premium

I do so hope that's not a finished shiny Western wheel Mark.

Mike.

Western wheel - yes,

Shiny - most definitely

Finished - not quite, have a bag of holes to install once I've made some sort of a jig

Boy racer......

He's also fitting a spoiler and undercarriage lighting...

Wait 'til you see the size of the bass speaker

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As you might already know, we use Alex Jackson couplings at either end of each rake and (unless the working is due to drop off or collect wagons in the exchange sidings) 3 links within the rake.  This makes uncoupling/coupling locos and brake vans in the fiddle yards much easier than fiddling around with 3 links.  A recent addition to the stock roster is the Tunnel Cement Presflos, which Damian has put together for our (fictitious) 7G59 Tring - Bloomfield working.  These needed two converter wagons with an AJ coupling at one end and 3 link at the other, plus another with an AJ to carry the tail lamp.

The underside of a Presflo doesn't leave much room for fitting an AJ in the conventional manner so I've used pivot mounts with a spring the make up a coupling unit which fits between the wheels and is mostly hidden once installed.

post-6677-0-64407700-1408995893_thumb.jpg

post-6677-0-36123400-1408995897_thumb.jpg

post-6677-0-08727300-1408995887_thumb.jpg

• Like 1