Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

A Tidy Bench Shows a Tidy Mind

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for posting this.

I like the blue storage boxes / supports at the upper left & will have a search for something similar.

Just had a look on Amazon , there are several to choose from . I wonder how effective the connection is

between bin & backing plate ?

Dave

We've just had a tidy up at work and bought a load more of these

http://www.filplastic.co.uk/filplastic/shop/plastic-parts-bins/plastic-parts-bins?gclid=COb329mDrrACFW1ItAod6zIFWQ

whilst I wouldn't fill one with lead shot and hang it above my head they are pretty sturdy, certainly strong enough for any modelling materials I can think of.

Thanks for posting this.

I like the blue storage boxes / supports at the upper left & will have a search for something similar.

Just had a look on Amazon , there are several to choose from . I wonder how effective the connection is

between bin & backing plate ?

Dave

Bought mine from Screwfix. They hold a reasonable amount, but don't put loads of lead in them, as someone commented.

The backing plate does need screwing to a firm support. There are two sizes, both of which use the same backing plate. I'm going to use mine for modelling materials, so they won't be overloaded. I hope in the next couple of weeks to find the bench which rumour has it is in the workshop ###### garage ###### gardening equipment store.

Dennis

(Typical b****y Yankee spellchecker - translates c u m - a perfectly proper latin phrase, into ### - godelpus)

No chance, Jack, there's far too much surface visible. If you moved a couple of tools out of the picture, I'd vote for it as a tidy bench...

Nick

Failed at first attempt then Nick. I look forward to seeing the winner.

Jack

Failed at first attempt then Nick. I look forward to seeing the winner.

Jack

How about this?

post-6746-0-32523500-1338655768.jpg

ok, I cheated a bit. A couple of the projects here were moved from a side table to make room for work on a building...

Nick

How about this?

ok, I cheated a bit. A couple of the projects here were moved from a side table to make room for work on a building...

Nick

A much better effort than mine Nick.

Jack

How about this?

Nick

A proper workbench (and that from GC Jack)

Both exhibit the well-worn patina of past work - much impressed.

Tim

• RMweb Premium

How about this?

Nick

Love the reversed 4F.

Kevin Martin

Love the reversed 4F...

Ah! I see what you mean :O It's a Brassmasters 4F parked in front of a Bachmann 3F tender. The body of the 3F is in front of the tender, and the chassis is in front of the Sentinel. Lurking somewhere beneath the latter are the frames for a Johnson 1P. The bench is very much in Somerset & Dorset mode at the moment, apart from the underparts of a Hornby horsebox in the foreground.

Nick

I try to keep my work areas fairly clean so I can at least see what I am doing..... :boast:

This is my work bench for the heavy messy stuff like soldering with Lord Byron awaiting further attention.

post-6371-0-54222800-1338851151_thumb.jpg

Also in the same room I have my work area for the more lightweight stuff with my 2012 scratchbuild entry making slow progress.

post-6371-0-96431400-1338851186_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Ah! I see what you mean :O It's a Brassmasters 4F parked in front of a Bachmann 3F tender. The body of the 3F is in front of the tender, and the chassis is in front of the Sentinel. Lurking somewhere beneath the latter are the frames for a Johnson 1P. The bench is very much in Somerset & Dorset mode at the moment, apart from the underparts of a Hornby horsebox in the foreground.

Nick

So somewhere on your bench is a Bachmann 3F & a Brassmasters 4F tender. It gets better all the time.

:whistle:

Kevin Martin

So somewhere on your bench is a Bachmann 3F & a Brassmasters 4F tender. It gets better all the time.

The 3F is there if you look carefully. The Brassmasters tender is still in the box. I'm resisting starting on that until I find some room on the bench... :O

Nick

• RMweb Premium

The 3F is there if you look carefully. The Brassmasters tender is still in the box. I'm resisting starting on that until I find some room on the bench... :O

Nick

Thanks Nick for enjoying the joke. Sometimes it doesn't happen. At least your workbench is productive.

Kevin Martin

• 4 months later...

Archived