Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

A Tidy Bench Shows a Tidy Mind

• RMweb Premium

I have just taken delivery of one of the new Humbrol workstations, rather nice and at least it now defines to a certain extent the boundaries of my work area!!!

....I keep modelling until I'm offended by the clutter then take pleasure in a concerted tidy up because the result is more dramatic.

A slight modification to your statement... I keep modelling until the wife is offended by the clutter then take place in a concerted tidy up because it's easier on the ears.

• RMweb Gold

It when you have to go deleving below several layers to find things that is untidy and the shed/workshop requires climbing ropes there is not much floor left to stand on as it has become a real dumping ground. Usual process is once the house gets sorted from major Diy I start to sort out the workshop and modelling space then we move and the process restarts.

Don

That's AMAZING!!!

I didn't know you are actually Aladdin!

(must add my picture, later!)

Cheers,

John E.

It's only taken be about six years to get it like that, but it's taken me about forty to amass it all!!!!!!!!

Just looking at the title again, what does this mean about my mind??

OzzyO.

• RMweb Premium

Photo please John, or a link.

OzzyO.

Here you go:

post-6910-0-34586900-1351954108_thumb.jpg

A standard A4 size cutting mat fit into the recess in the base. Hattons have them in stock but they should be available from all Humbrol stockists.

This is mostly in response to ozzyo's post, as it's unfair to comment (even in a nice way!) without putting my own mess up for inspection!

So, we have a total of two workbenches in view;

post-6892-0-57769300-1352038203_thumb.jpg

I counted at least 19 locos visible in this pic, not to mention many, many wagons - mostly in kit form!

My attempt at tidying up!

post-6892-0-35250800-1352038227_thumb.jpg

There are two units here, bought from Aldi or Lidl a couple of months ago (very good items, too!)

Finally, just to show that some things do get completed! (this is on r/h bench in first pic!)

post-6892-0-90070900-1352038253_thumb.jpg

Can you believe that I own and have read, "The Workbench Book"!?! Oh dear!

Cheers,

John E.

PS I MUST explain about the flower box and the pink blind! (Ahem!)

When built, this shed was mine and housed a large layout, it failed to meet my interests and was sold and then my good lady wanted a new shed so I gave her mine (all 32' x 12' of it!). She didn't need all of this so I re-gained one end, which houses this 'mess' and my shelf layout as well as wifey's old flower arranging and new bead making equipment and workshop!

Honest!

• RMweb Premium

I'm impressed by how TIDY your work area is, John. The fact that you can actually see all those locos in the picture is indicative of a well organised "den". Anyway, who cares if our work areas are a bit messy - by domestic standards. As long as we know where everything is, that's all that counts.

My experience is that most workshops are superficially messy, but there is definitely order underneath. And it clearly works, judging by the masterpieces RMwebbers produce. How that relates to a "tidy mind", I don't know.

Anyway, John, with such a well-stocked workshop, you've no excuse not to be getting "Dent" sorted! :nono:

Jeff

Archived