RMweb

Mk3 coach production

DapolDave

• RMweb Premium

Blue & Grey TGS has now landed at the usual large Merseyside box shifter but limited stocks.  Hoping to find someone with one in stock at St Albans in the morning though.

Edited by John M Upton

Do you mean "Hattons".   what is it with people not saying the shop name?  I keep seeing round the houses descriptions such as box shifter in the city famed for steel or a certain liverpudlian retailer etc...........Its Hattons, Rails, Kernow etc...........

I'm getting twitchy as mine is on order with Hattons and not a peep out of them!

I assume you mean pre-order

Their customer service is a little erratic

Some people receive notifications, others do not, but that is a technical issue to prevent blacklisting

The most annoying thing is placing a pre-order, waiting patiently, then having payment taken, THEN an email saying stock has arrived

I wonder how many people got charged for not having funds in their account or were not expecting payment to be taken!

Hi Gang,

I have to say that I got the notification of being 'in stock' then a few hours later my pre-order was processed and card was charged. I even managed to phone up, add a few things on to the preorder to combine postage...and was charged the additional cost with little drama.

Just waiting for the combined parcel now...

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

Damn and blast!

Having ordered a VT TGS a couple of centuries ago (give or take a few millennia), I missed out on my order from Hattons because I forgot to update my card details when my new card arrived last month.

Hopefully I'm not right at the back of the queue now!

Pictures on Rails of Sheffield website as well. Pleasingly, the Virgin one looks to match the rest of what they've done. Looks smart actually, the roof having the correct different detail at the guards office end.

My only concern is the conspicuous absence of the Intercity and Swallow versions. Surely they haven't messed them up again? 

I've pre-ordered 2 Virgin ones and a Swallow one from Rails, to collect. I'm hoping they'll hold the Virgin ones until the Swallow ones arrive to save me two trips, but if it's a year away (not impossible after the DVT farce) I'm not sure what to do. No communication from Dapol. 

My only concern is the conspicuous absence of the Intercity and Swallow versions. Surely they haven't messed them up again? 

Even if they do, given the original samples, these are easily corrected (just like the incorrect TRSB sort of buffet)

If they're out, try Sheffield.

P.S.  How's the layout going?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Order placed with Rails and cancelled the Hattons one.

The layout progress can be summarized in one small word - SLOW!

I moved house a little over a year ago just after my appendix exploded, became very heavily involved in the introduction of the 787 to the Virgin Atlantic Fleet, and offspring #2 arrived. I have been dabbling with bits here and there, and still building up the stock portfolio, but haven't managed to produce anything much tangible towards the layout.

I started a small BLT/diorama to try out some scenic techniques for the larger project, and to try the FiNeTrax products for a future BR(S) layout, but both are proceeding at a similar pace.

Once things quieten down with work, and Bovis finish building the new house, I plan to 'enhance' the garage for use as a modelling room/workshop/man cave/sanctuary. The plus side of being busy at work, and my temporary loan to Heathrow, is that I have found a nice run-down brick building near the fire station between Terminals 3 and 5 that would make a nice addition to Bridgtown!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2

Good to see the TGS finally out, shame about the livery inconsistencies though.

Interesting to see the alternative roof for one type of vehicle, yet apparently for all the loco hauled types it would've cost too much?

Jo