Steam Railmotor - something nice is coming to Cornwall!

Paul.Uni

Thanks for the pictures Bubbles and Pixie, who would have thought that you could ever have such a thing on a "modern image" layout!

Can't wait for this to do the Preservation rounds. Would love to see it going up the bank from Grosmont, or in Whitby.

Kevin.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the pictures Bubbles and Pixie, who would have thought that you could ever have such a thing on a "modern image" layout!

Can't wait for this to do the Preservation rounds. Would love to see it going up the bank from Grosmont, or in Whitby.

Kevin.

or up the Cambrian Coast.

• RMweb Gold

We travelled on the last run this evening - simply superb!!

The dusk light on the run down to Looe was idyllic, and the run back in the gloaming / pitch darkness, with the (electric) gas lamps illuminated, was incredibly atmospheric.

If you get the chance, travel yourself. Tickets for the evening run today could still be bought just before departure, and I gather that some are still available for next Sunday's running.

I was also on that last run, and also on the first two of the day, as the NR rep, and the last one was my favourite by a long way...

Lots of photos and some video to follow when I can find a bit of time!

Strongly recommend taking up any unsold tickets for next Sunday!

a0967940d6e48e717012c9f9f803bd44.jpg

Hopefully it'll do a spin or two in the Thames Valley sometime in the future.

Not my patch, but... we watch and wait...

• RMweb Gold

Just a few photos for now..

The 1430 from Liskeard taking water at Coombe:

post-57-0-20450200-1352712268.jpg

The 1520 from Looe, running approx 10 mins early, at speed between Looe and Terras Crossing:

post-57-0-50025300-1352712323.jpg

The same working approaching Terras Crossing:

post-57-0-36841100-1352712347.jpg

The 1630 from Liskeard during the Coombe water stop:

post-57-0-12541600-1352712366.jpg

Tail lamp wreathed in steam:

post-57-0-88299900-1352712401.jpg

The 1720 from Looe, waiting for departure:

post-57-0-25373400-1352712427.jpg

Everyone seemed in a good humour!

post-57-0-29487900-1352712455.jpg

The 1720 departing from Looe:

post-57-0-05076900-1352712493.jpg

Stopped at Causeland station for 'boiler purposes'..!

post-57-0-80070000-1352712534.jpg

Causeland discussions:

post-57-0-61230900-1352712665.jpg

Journey's end (until next Sunday!):

post-57-0-64263400-1352712700.jpg

Superb Tim - a lovely selection of atmospheric pictures. I hope to whizz up next Sunday - I hope the weather is similar - must have been fab to have sunshine and all those autumnal colours along the route. I also love the timeless nature of the images. The stations still have a rustic charm, and the railcar looks perfectly at home amongst the old & new equipment.

Guest Belgian

Let's hope the footplate crew and other officials dont wear orange all day and ruin the "vintage" look! Mr Churchill is driving - saw him with the class 33 on Friday. It does look like a fabulous day for autumnal photos along the river. I'm at St Blazey - so will be hoping for some sunny spells next Sunday too!

Sadly, they did.

JE

• RMweb Gold

Youtube links

Steam Railmotor coming into platform 3 at Liskeard on 11/11/12, prior to working first train of the day:

Railmotor draws forward further into the platform after having taken on coal, prior to working the 0830 ex-Liskeard:

En-route between Coombe and Looe – 0830 ex-Liskeard on 11/11/12:

Departing from Terras Crossing with the 0830 ex-Liskeard on 11/11/12, after having done the mandatory ‘Stop, Whistle & Proceed’ at this level crossing:

• RMweb Premium

Brilliant photos and videos CK but I do love the one taken inside the carriage - superb. Very rare - make sure you put it in the Archive. A good one for the Museum at Didcot? It reminds me of all that commuting home I used to do in the '70s as the dark evenings started to set in. Very convincing - you wouldn't believe it was just a fun trip. :laugh:

And no excuses, now, when it comes to modelling it.

There are times when you wish you could have been there. Will have to book a footplate course at Didcot next year. :D

Enjoy the ride next Sunday.

• RMweb Gold

More video footage..

Crossing over Terras Crossing with the 0920 ex-Looe on 11/11/12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnd7Da7V4Ac&feature=youtu.be

The 0920 ex-Looe ascending the bank from Coombe to Liskeard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXFQCQ4T0hM&feature=youtu.be

The 1430 departs Liskeard:

The 1520 ex-Looe storming up the bank from Coombe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj39b4lDK5A&feature=youtu.be

I must admit I'm not very good at following the preservation scene - so reading this thread is the first time I even knew this railmotor existed - but what a beautiful machine - and the restoration looks almost 'concourse' . - please can we have more diesels preserved as sympathetically as this! :)

why wouldnt you want a model of this??

Jon

• RMweb Premium

I must admit I'm not very good at following the preservation scene - so reading this thread is the first time I even knew this railmotor existed - but what a beautiful machine - and the restoration looks almost 'concourse' . - please can we have more diesels preserved as sympathetically as this! :)

why wouldnt you want a model of this??

Jon

One for the RTR market?

Archived