The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

dont think i would be able to "GO"

2E1A00C8-EAA2-4698-A5CA-14C057F724D8.jpg

The backdrop is no problem till it`s a real good looking lass cleaning the next urinal next to you, or more fun when the gent or ladies toilets are closed for cleaning and everyone uses the gents/ladies that is open. Very common through out European truck stops and large motorway services. you soon get use to it lol

• Like 1

"Don't thank me, I've done nothing for you"

Anyone who has watched the likes of The I T Crowd or The Big Fat Quiz of the Year etc on Channel 4 will have heard of Richard Ayoade already, but this is what happened when Channel 4 News's Krishnan Guru Murthy took on the brilliantly funny man himself to interview him about his new book.

http://www.channel4.com/news/richard-ayaode-krishnan-guru-murthy-interview-funny

Edited by surfsup

• RMweb Gold

the only thing that spoils that is the splicing in of the tarantino interview, would have been better to see the whole thing start to finish unedited

i'll be honest i love richard ayoade, very good deadpan comic actor but i cant make out in that if he is genuinly p'd off or playing it for comedy effect, if he is doing it for laughs then i think he's missed the mark somewhat, i certainly didnt laugh (as i would normally do at him on the IT crowd, boosh etc) just came across as arrogant and rude

or was that what he was going for?

its certainly bought attention to his new book via the medium of social media and viral vids (any publicity is good publicity and all that)

he must have been wearing womens slacks!

Ok, so first you go up the steps and down the ramp, then you're back where you started and, er............... Has anyone got any suggestions as to what this apparently useless structure is for?

post-312-0-09636000-1414011920.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Ok, so first you go up the steps and down the ramp, then you're back where you started and, er............... Has anyone got any suggestions as to what this apparently useless structure is for?

attachicon.gifbs jonson.jpg

For teenagers to hang around on? Or an old school or clinic entrance.

the only thing that spoils that is the splicing in of the tarantino interview, would have been better to see the whole thing start to finish unedited

i'll be honest i love richard ayoade, very good deadpan comic actor but i cant make out in that if he is genuinly p'd off or playing it for comedy effect, if he is doing it for laughs then i think he's missed the mark somewhat, i certainly didnt laugh (as i would normally do at him on the IT crowd, boosh etc) just came across as arrogant and rude

or was that what he was going for?

its certainly bought attention to his new book via the medium of social media and viral vids (any publicity is good publicity and all that)

he must have been wearing womens slacks!

Apologies, I hadn't realised they'd spliced in moments of the Tarantino interview - Here's the original unedited version

http://www.channel4.com/news/richard-ayaode-krishnan-guru-murthy-interview-funny

As for Ayoade himself, I think it was a combination of the fact he is famously shy in interviews, and find most of them rather awkward - so in playing up to Krishnan in the way that Ayoade does, and with the Tarantino interview in mind I think was just making the interview go by the way he does in his own unique, if not slightly awkward style. I did think a few of the questions were a little on the odd side though - something lost into Ayoade's gain - like the bit were Guru-Murthy asked whether he felt he was a role model for other Norwegians...

Of course, Wearing Woman's Slacks will help Moss. And don't forget, He's come here to drink milk and kick ass!

Edited by surfsup

attachicon.gifbs jonson.jpg

I’d hazard a guess it’s for skateboards....but I prefer the other solutions suggested.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Apologies, I hadn't realised they'd spliced in moments of the Tarantino interview - Here's the original unedited versionhttp://www.channel4.com/news/richard-ayaode-krishnan-guru-murthy-interview-funny

the unedited version makes much more sense, i watched it with a smile this time, guru murthy's questions were a bit bizzare, are you a role model for black norwegens? what a great answer richard gave, obviously saw the obsurdity of the question and worked it for comic effect!!

one of the funniest things on the IT crowd involving moss was when he had a bang to the head which knocked him out and came round to the sound of windows restarting

also the bomb disposal robot "look roy a real robot, ive never seen one in the wild before"

then when it goes haywire, "what operating system is it running?"

"vista"

"we're all gonna die!!"

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Driving south along the A65 yesterday evening, a large lorry with trailer passes going north, above the cab in large illuminated letters is 'Gordon's Logs'. Made me smile.

Today at the same location was a farm tractor spraying very smelly sludge onto the fields. Wonder if there was any link to last nights truck?