The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Well, it's finally happened. One of the items I've sold on eBay has gone to someone called - and I kid you not - Mike Hunt.

I've just printed out the despatch note to be sent with the item, and wonder if he gets loads of people sniggering over his name?

• Like 5

Well, it's finally happened. One of the items I've sold on eBay has gone to someone called - and I kid you not - Mike Hunt.

I've just printed out the despatch note to be sent with the item, and wonder if he gets loads of people sniggering over his name?

Back in a previous life working at Lloyds Bank a customer of the branch in the next town was blessed with the same name. In those days if you wanted to cash money at another branch we had to contact the account holding branch to ok it and the customer had to wait. On one occasion he called at the counter of one of our older ladies working on the till and had to wander off whilst calls were made. I shall never forget her shouting out across the banking hall when the ok was received and the customer had gone missing 'has anyone see Mike.........'. The whole office dissolved into tears whilst she looked on in blissful ignorance.

On the subject of unfortunate names I see quite a few being a postie nowadays with my favourite being Wayne Carr. What were his parents thinking! 

Gareth

Years ago I heard a BBC R4 news interview with a farmer from south Wales called John Thomas.  That made me smile but I laughed when they introduced his son Richard.

Bolton used to have a striker of the same name the local sports radio host used to enjoy commenting about John Thomas between the uprights 

• RMweb Gold

I sometimes deal with a buyer in Hong Kong. His name - Fanny Fan!

And in the papers a few months ago a story about Mr and Mrs Peacock and how they did not realise the implications of calling their new born son "Drew".

Kev.

• RMweb Premium

And in the papers a few months ago a story about Mr and Mrs Peacock and how they did not realise the implications of calling their new born son "Drew".

Kev.

Do you have a decent record of that? A Google search reveals The Sun as a source - yeah, I think I need better than than that!

• RMweb Gold

Do you have a decent record of that? A Google search reveals The Sun as a source - yeah, I think I need better than than that!

Sorry, I've only got my very fallible memory of turning a few pages, of a 'rag', and that article caught my eye.

Maybe it was the Metro as I certainly didn't pay for it.

Kev.