The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Why not just get a DVD of the show on continuous loop? Or maybe the production company could arrange a special season ticket just for you....?  :mail:

Agree - Big Jim should also have his photo in the foyer - or at least a few Little Jims scattered around,

I’ve already suggested that he visits the New York production for comparison’s sake.

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

True story. Blind man and his dog got on the bus this morning. When getting off at the hospital, the blind man says to the driver 'see you tomorrow'. I wonder what the miracle cure the blind man was about to have.

• Like 1

True story. Blind man and his dog got on the bus this morning. When getting off at the hospital, the blind man says to the driver 'see you tomorrow'. I wonder what the miracle cure the blind man was about to have.

You just assumed it was the blind man talking, because you've never come across a talking dog before!

• Like 3

Damn right

Got to say jersey boys is a cracker too, better than I expected

I was at MIDEM in Cannes back in the early eighties and was invited to a large dinner by Ron White of EMI Music Publishing. I sat next to this very nice American guy called Bob who had me in freaking fits of laughter. I had no idea who he was until on my way out when I asked someone  who he was “Bob Gaudio of the Four Seasons” I was even more impressed later when I found out he wrote 99% of all their songs (plus others too).

My daughter went to see Jersey Boys with her boyfriend a couple of years ago. She got home enthusing about the show and with a CD.

I said:  “Oh, yes? I had dinner with Bob in Cannes once, we had a great laugh....”  Dad’s stock shot up....immeasurably...

Best, Pete.

• Like 5

I suspect that this form of taking one's leave is actually habitual to many blind people. Certainly it is to our former local MP, David Blunkett.

And on one occasion, when a visitor came into David's city centre office and, glancing out of the window, said: "Oh! You've got a good view here, haven't you!" David hooted with laughter!

Edit: corrected tense.

Edited by bluebottle
  • Like 3

On the other hand, many years ago I was in a queue a couple of places behind someone who was obviously blind - white stick, etc.  A bloke came up, recognised the blind person and said, "Hi, long time no see!"

I regret that I don't recall whether there was any response as those in earshot were just cringing at the insensitivity of the remark.  It's only 53 years later that it brings a smile to my face . . . and I'm still not sure why.

Stan

Edited by Stanley Melrose

I think a lot of people on the internet, including a lot of modellers on this forum, must be blind! It's amazing how many times a response to a post on here starts "It sounds like....". The only way something on a computer screen can be heard is if the person receiving it is using a screen reader, otherwise the response would be "It seems like...", "It appears that...." etc.!

LMFAO!

That's a bloody big spider.

Not unusual though.

The (abandoned, since sold) house next to my Mum and Dad's (in south east Queensland) had quite a large web for these wee beasties strung between a utility wire and bushes on the side of the house.. (The web is probably at least 15m wide.)

post-1819-0-12990500-1460594877.jpg

post-1819-0-87287700-1460594901.jpg

I make no apologies for the quality of these images but they do give you some idea of what Aussie spiders can get up to left to themselves.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

That's a bloody big spider.

Not unusual though.

The (abandoned, since sold) house next to my Mum and Dad's (in south east Queensland) had quite a large web for these wee beasties strung between a utility wire and bushes on the side of the house.. (The web is probably at least 15m wide.)

attachicon.gifspiders1 201602.jpg

attachicon.gifspiders2 201602.jpg

I make no apologies for the quality of these images but they do give you some idea of what Aussie spiders can get up to left to themselves.

Orb Spiders, ewhhh.

When living in Brisbane a few years back these horrors had the annoying habit of stringing their very strong webs across the driveway and then sitting in wait perched in the middle. You haven't known true fear unless you've walked face first into a web at dusk and then freaked out wondering where the spider is. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

G