The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Google need to program their search system to give the 'joke' response to that specific search string... :jester:

It ought to come up when you select 'I'm Feeling Lucky'!

• RMweb Premium

What's her name ?, Else Garnett ?.  

Alf: Well, I mean, see if we go into Europe...

Else: I thought we was in Europe. I mean, I thought we always have been.

Alf: I know that, yer silly moo. I'm not talking about that aspect am I? I'm talking about the Common Market aspect of the going into Europe.

Alf: Old Enoch's against it, in't 'e, eh? He don't want no more bloody foreigners over here. We got enough bloody foreigners here as it is. Bloody country's swarming with Eities and Krauts and Froggies and Spagnollies and Brussel Sprouts. All coming over here and taking our jobs off of us, aren't they?

Else: Well, we can go over there and take the jobs off of them.

Alf: I don't want to go over there, do I?

Else: Wish you would.

EDIT:

From "The Alf Garnet Saga" -  1972

S### Happens!  :)

Edited by Tim Dubya

Alf: Well, I mean, see if we go into Europe...

Else: I thought we was in Europe. I mean, I thought we always have been.

Alf: I know that, yer silly moo. I'm not talking about that aspect am I? I'm talking about the Common Market aspect of the going into Europe.

Alf: Old Enoch's against it, in't 'e, eh? He don't want no more bloody foreigners over here. We got enough bloody foreigners here as it is. Bloody country's swarming with Eities and Krauts and Froggies and Spagnollies and Brussel Sprouts. All coming over here and taking our jobs off of us, aren't they?

Else: Well, we can go over there and take the jobs off of them.

Alf: I don't want to go over there, do I?

Else: Wish you would.

Absolutely hilarious  :laugh:   :laugh:. Thanks for reminding me Tim  :good:

Err.. micing the valves in the head? Ok. I always mic the speaker(s) in the cab myself. :sungum:

Actually yes. He experimented a lot with mic placement before finding the mechanical sound he wanted. IIRC at one stage he had the mic diaphragm hard up against the Marshall case.

Cheers

David

Swans to Replace Trident

swan4252.jpg

AGGRESSIVE swans are to replace Britain’s nuclear arsenal.

The swans will fly under radar before landing in enemy territory, pecking troops and frightening civilians away by waggling their heads and looking crazy.

An MOD spokesman said, “A large flock of a thousand birds also produces a huge amount of slimy green ###### that smells like rotten fish, making any city they land in uninhabitable for a thousand years.

“Nuclear weapons are extremely expensive to operate and maintain whereas with swans you just need a few bags of stale Wonderloaf and some pond weed.

“Swans thrive on violence and have a strong sense of patriotism due to being owned by the Queen. The hard part is getting them to go in the right direction.”

No need to fret, Comrade P. This is, purely, a NATO exercise.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/21/psycho-swan-sinks-boats-and-beats-up-ducks-and-geese-on-towns-lake-6019746/ 

Edited by Ceptic