RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

tumblr_oezvn7If5h1qz6f9yo1_500.jpg

You don't know how true that is, My sister a senior British civil servant, was born in the British Military Hospital in Dhekelia Cyprus, when My father was serving in British controlled Cyprus. She had great difficulty getting a passport. 

• RMweb Premium

I notice that google is celebrating Mary Seacole, who was just as much Nursing benefit, if not more, to the British troops than Florence Nighting gale was....

Problem the image thay've used, is "the lady with the lamp" and that title is forever connected with Florence Nightingale

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Gold

Kermit Jagger: Hello, Ms. Whack. My name is Kermit Jagger. I would like to take out a loan.

Patricia Whack: Ok? Mr. Jagger, in order to obtain a loan you must provide some type of collateral.

KJ: Oh yes, of course. *places tiny porcelain elephant on counter* This is my collateral.

PW: I'll need to check with the manager. One moment please.

PW: Sir, I'm sorry to bother you but there is a frog, named Kermit Jagger, and he wants to take out a loan. He said this is his collateral. *places elephant on desk* I don't even know what this is.

*******I'm so, so sorry*******

Manager: Well... it's a knick knack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone.

Where's the "slowly arriving and contrived punchline" icon?

Mike.

You don't know how true that is, My sister a senior British civil servant, was born in the British Military Hospital in Dhekelia Cyprus, when My father was serving in British controlled Cyprus. She had great difficulty getting a passport. 

Even today, if you are a British citizen by descent, and then have children born overseas, they don't automatically get British Citizenship!

Kermit Jagger: Hello, Ms. Whack. My name is Kermit Jagger. I would like to take out a loan.

Manager: Well... it's a knick knack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone.

Where's the "slowly arriving and contrived punchline" icon?

Mike.

"slowly arriving and contrived punchline"?

A sine qua non of this category of waggery, surely!

ps: please spare us the " Don't call me Shirley".