RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

There is a lot of tailgating done at sports events in North America, whatever the temperature. Did one at a New England American Football match in well sub zero conditions, and then went in the stadium and sat on aluminum benches for 3 hours, most invigorating.

Mike.

Mike.

I hope you're not going soft on us in the sun?

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

With reference to ongoing problems at London Waterloo due to a signalling location cabinet going up in smoke

post-11362-0-12758200-1513001898_thumb.png

A nice up to date picture from Good old Auntie Beeb.

Dale

Never saw a bit of that, got distracted by the hot latin beauties online sidebar!!

I guess that sez summik about your browsing history.  All I got was "Deadly Sugar Truth" & Ten ways to improve your Yorkshire Puddings!

Oh Dear. And then came Strawberry Fields!

... and George Chisholm was nowhere to be seen.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

Slightly "end of the pier show" to that one, especially the cheesy grin when he'd finished.

What else would you expect from someone that wrote the score to that classic feature film, "On the Busses".

"Ahl get yu, Unwin".

Unfortunately (for me) that little bit of tinkleing the old ivories brought back memories of being forced to sit with my parents in the Beachcomber Bar at Butlins (Minehead 1966) Where some Redcoat was paid peanuts to bash out tunes on a Mellotron. Those tunes matched the interior decor to perfection.

15075947089_deda233221_c.jpgButlins Minehead - Beachcomber Bar by Glen F, on Flickr

Ah, the sixties.

• Like 1

..... the Beachcomber Bar at Butlins (Minehead 1966) Where some Redcoat was paid peanuts to bash out tunes on a Mellotron. Those tunes matched the interior decor to perfection.

15075947089_deda233221_c.jpgButlins Minehead - Beachcomber Bar by Glen F, on Flickr

Was this roundabout the time of the fabled North Minehead By-Election, featuring a Mr. Hilter ("He's right, you know") as one of the hopeful candidates?

Was this roundabout the time of the fabled North Minehead By-Election, featuring a Mr. Hilter ("He's right, you know") as one of the hopeful candidates?

I don't thinks so, but I once had a very nice bacon sandwich in the Axis Cafe (Corner of Rainville Road with Crabtree Lane, SW6.) on the 20th October, 1973. There was no sign of Mr Gobhels.

As an aside I was once chased by a group of irate Chelsea supporters into the newsagents that the infamous Civil Servant, Mr Teabag frequented to buy his morning newspaper. Strange that as I'd just come from a QPR v's Sunderland kick the bladder game.

And talking of Mr Hilter and Sunderland:

P

• RMweb Gold

I don’t know the area at all or what the story behind the boats is but if a load of similarly adorned ‘colourful’ ex ambulances, post office vans, buses etc turned up en masse in a field and set up a new age camp they would be moved on in days by the council, how are (some of) those boats allowed to be moored there looking the way they do

I don't know whether they are still there - satellite maps suggest they are - but there are some slightly less extreme versions just down the Thames from Tower Bridge

post-14351-0-14264200-1513037430_thumb.jpg

post-14351-0-59605700-1513036996_thumb.jpg

post-14351-0-80878600-1513037028_thumb.jpg

post-14351-0-36378500-1513037072_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 3

Now that we, in the UK (at least), have now, recently, witnessed the Royal stamp of approval given to the new Royal Navy's Flagship, 'HMS Queen Elizabeth' (A large-ish Aircraft Carrier for those who missed it), brought back, for me, personally, certain memories.....

• RMweb Gold

I bought a very cheap jacket online, from a firm called Gamiss. While the jury is still out on whether I will ever deign to be seen dead in the thing, this was the attached swing-ticket.

post-4295-0-80127700-1513102247_thumb.jpg

No, I have no idea why the pic has posted sideways. Sigh.

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 3