RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Had a photo shared on Facebook from a friend, she had been in the shop with her 5 year old son, asked him if he wanted a Thomas magazine and got a NO instead he wanted and got a copy of Railway Modeller! Catch em young.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

This statue (some people say he looks like Jeremy Corbyn) has been up on the moors between Westerdale and Castleton for a few months now, it's either love it or hate it as these things usually are, we love it, although the trek up there this morning was a bit windy and wet.

post-7104-0-45053300-1514751040_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-19429500-1514751161_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

This statue (some people say he looks like Jeremy Corbyn) has been up on the moors between Westerdale and Castleton for a few months now, it's either love it or hate it as these things usually are, we love it, although the trek up there this morning was a bit windy and wet.

and who is the statue of?

Back in May 2017, I finally went to the NRM in York and many months later in October that same year, I went to Locomotion in Shildon. I finally met up with the preserved Black Five No. 5000 as well as the locomotive that inspired my LNWR Mogul, the LNWR Improved Precedent Class No. 790 Hardwicke.

• Like 3

Things that made me : ) while travelling on the trains over Christmas:

Northern's "anything goes" ticket clippers:

post-6971-0-97969500-1514900889.jpg

Grand Central's board game tables (can you still get the counters etc from the buffet?):

post-6971-0-70572300-1514900890.jpg

Hull Trains' use of "Hull Paragon" on the scrolling displays, plus the weather forecast for the next stop on the journey (they also show connecting trains, platforms and time expected on that screen):

post-6971-0-30096700-1514900891.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Storm Eleanor is on here way, there is a full moon and we expect flooding.

http://www.3rr.uk/images/club_up.jpg?1514904508

There should be a club quay heading showing, that we would tie up too, ah well that saves having to brush the goose carp off...

Things that made me : ) while travelling on the trains over Christmas:

Grand Central's board game tables (can you still get the counters etc from the buffet?):

attachicon.gifGames.jpg

as the white square goes on the player's near, right corner, I'm amused to see they failed to the draughts/chess board in the right way...

as the white square goes on the player's near, right corner, I'm amused to see they failed to the draughts/chess board in the right way...

I wish I'd noticed that - could have looked to see if they were all the same way round. There were some tables with chess + Cluedo as well.

Edit: a google search shows correctly-oriented boards on their HST tables, and incorrect on their 180s - although it's a small sample.

Edited by eastwestdivide

• RMweb Gold

and who is the statue of?

Google the location given + statue and you will be only a little the wiser - he's called The Seated Man - sculpted by Sean Henry and commissioned by a Carphone Warehouse magnate. He's only supposed to be there for five years, but as he is made of bronze and in a very isolated spot, I would give him a few months before metal thieves get him.