The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

There's been some thug called Carl going round breaking in to people's houses near me for months, but the police couldn't catch him. The weirdest thing about it all is he was breaking into people's houses just to ruin their washing machines by putting bricks in to them & turning them on!!!!! Really weird if you ask me... Anyway, he was caught and extradited from the country.. So glad he’s been caught after all, washing machines live longer with Carl gone

There, is that less offensive?

On a similar vain

Just found out My mate Gavin died from indigestion last week, I can’t believe gav is gone

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Monday: Greg

Tuesday: Ian

Wednesday: Greg

Thursday: Ian

Friday: Greg

Saturday: Ian

Sunday: Greg

You must have all spotted the Gregorian calendar....

Time for the obvious..

Monday: julie

Tuesday: Ian

Wednesday: Julie

Thursday: Ian

Friday: Julie

Saturday: Ian

Sunday: Julie

You must have all spotted the Juli....

Yes I know hat coat..?

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 1

Sorting some of my books the other day, I came across my copy of John Hunt's "The Ascent of Everest". I received this as a prize at the end of my last school year at Newcraighall primary, in 1954, before we moved down to South Yorks. I greatly enjoyed reading this, finding the detailed descriptions of the mountain landscape and the climbing techniques and equipment used informative and interesting. It didn't awake any ambitions in me to be a climber, though; I still regard mountaineers as brave, skilful and mad.

Looking at the illustrations in the book now, however, I can see things I hadn't noticed before. In the attached copy of the picture of the summit can be seen a human face, partly hidden by snow. This has a gentle expression, kind and wistful, as though it's one of the Buddhist gods whom the Sherpas believe to dwell atop the mountains.

And, perhaps going from the sublime to the ridiculous, is that a pair of rock guitarists perched farther down the slopes??

post-7286-0-13387400-1527504939.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like Dick Dastardly & Muttley have abandoned their flying machines for a class 37.

In a second, the hatches on the bonnet will flip open and one of those extendy hand grabber things will come out, only to be knocked off by a low bridge:

post-6971-0-59335900-1527511129.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Way back, we were doing trials on the carbon brushes of the electrical machinery that lived in the nose of a type 4, (class 40) and so headed off down the ECML from Gateshead. Somewhere past Low Fell, the nose clamshell doors flew open, as somebody had forgotten to secure the catch. Rolling along at over 60, with an overbridge coming up about quarter mile in front, me and my mate dives down from the cab, through the door into the nose end and making a grab to pull the doors back down into guage before we got to the bridge. Just made it, but we didn’t catch any pigeons.

• Like 2

Another typical Bank Holiday at the seaside! I witnessed absolutely disgusting behaviour down at the beach. I saw a man and woman having an almighty argument in front of a load of kids. Suddenly the woman smacked the guy on the head and it all kicked off. There was a massive brawl and someone called the police. A single copper turned up and started on the bloke with his truncheon. The guy managed to snatch it from him and began to assault both the copper and the woman. Then, out of nowhere, a crocodile crept up and stole all of the sausages........ sickening.

Another typical Bank Holiday at the seaside! I witnessed absolutely disgusting behaviour down at the beach. I saw a man and woman having an almighty argument in front of a load of kids. Suddenly the woman smacked the guy on the head and it all kicked off. There was a massive brawl and someone called the police. A single copper turned up and started on the bloke with his truncheon. The guy managed to snatch it from him and began to assault both the copper and the woman. Then, out of nowhere, a crocodile crept up and stole all of the sausages........ sickening.

G'Day Folks

Was that the way to do it !!!!

manna

• Like 1

When you think about it, if someone proposed Punch and Judy as kids' entertainment now, they'd be locked up. It has given rise to some excellent fictional interpretations though, such as Ben Aaranovitch's Rivers of London, an aside in Jasper Fforde's The Fourth Bear, and the very amusing (for those with a certain sense of humour) low-budget British, post-Hammer horror flick Funnyman.