The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday a lady with two grandchildren boarded my bus and said ‘two children to anywhere and I’ve got my magic bus pass’.

Caused much laughter from passengers, but quite sensible as we charge a flat £1 fare for anyone under 19 on Saturdays and Sundays.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Anyone know of a steam railway in the UK with a series of wooden trestle bridges?

They've also forgotton that many of the retirees will be the ones devoting more time to the railways up keep.

Anyone know of a steam railway in the UK with a series of wooden trestle bridges?

They've also forgotton that many of the retirees will be the ones devoting more time to the railways up keep.

I don't think it was serious.

Mike.

Not serious

I did, though, find it interesting that a US website used a (presumably stock) photo of obviously UK origin in the article.

Not serious

I did, though, find it interesting that a US website used a (presumably stock) photo of obviously UK origin in the article.

Yep, made me laugh, such problems in the US are different to here or we'd never probably got the M7 (not N7) back again. :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

I am passing this on to you because it definitely worked for me today, and we all could probably use more calm in our lives.

Some doctor on tv this morning said the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started. So I looked around my house to see things I'd started and hadn't finished. I have managed to finish off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, a pockage of Prungles, tha mainder of bot Prozic and Valiuminun scriptins, the res of the chesescke an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how bludy fablus I feel rite now. Plaese sned dhis orn to dem yu fee ar in ned ov iennr peas.

• Like 3

Must be a Lancia of some type.

Yep - Lancia Flavia 2000 Coupe, 1969 onwards 'facelift' model, similar in outline to the Ferrari 330GT which is no surprise since they're both Pininfarina designs. Here's chummy and co-pilot again...

post-7638-0-08533300-1539081148_thumb.jpg

‪New Doctor Who slammed as 'unrealistic' after showing working train between Sheffield and Manchester -

http://bit.ly/2RChy5q

via @newsthump‬ on twitter

Did the plot line not explain that the TARDIS had moved forward 50 years and that Northern were still using the same stock as now and that the dispute over single manning had not been resolved.

• RMweb Premium

‪New Doctor Who slammed as 'unrealistic' after showing working train between Sheffield and Manchester -

http://bit.ly/2RChy5q

via @newsthump‬ on twitter

Crikey - Northern with trains actually working! No wonder they thought it was unrealistic.

(I say this as someone who has regularly had the experience of travelling by Northern Rail)