The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

As Pink Floyd almost sang, "build up the wall"!

There is a bluegrass cover version of this album. Which is really quite frightening when you hear American rednecks singing "we don't need no education" 

Edited by Vistisen

5 hours ago, melmerby said:

That'll keep those pesky Mexis out:good:

5 hours ago, Tom D said:

Not to mention Joe Biden????

Another trump card from the mythical wall society celebrated by military, police and even common burglars - a wall will stop everybody - Oh, wait, that was the myth!

Julian

• RMweb Premium
On 10/11/2020 at 04:34, Joseph_Pestell said:

He usually goes down to Florida for the weekend. He is at least bothered enough to stay close to The White House.

Perhaps somebody could change the locks while he is out on the course.

But under the USA system, he is undeniably POTUS until 20 January,  unlike any Westminster based system  where a change of PM happens usually within days. Often the removal trucks are there the following morning,  unless the result is exceptionally close. 

Probably made sense 200 years ago,  but since railway travel made national travel possible within a week or so, it's kind of a long drawn out process. 

(On topic of railways).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Don't worry. He'll soon be on the golf course.

How many do you have in Canada? :prankster:

My hope is Scotland! :laugh:

Shares of A. G. Barr (legendary manufacturer of Irn Bru) soared on the possibility of him making Scotland his permanent residence, after all he will need to drink gallons of it to maintain that unique facial colour!

jim

• Like 3
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

But under the USA system, he is undeniably POTUS until 20 January,  unlike any Westminster based system  where a change of PM happens usually within days. Often the removal trucks are there the following morning,  unless the result is exceptionally close. 

Probably made sense 200 years ago,  but since railway travel made national travel possible within a week or so, it's kind of a long drawn out process. 

(On topic of railways).

I do know about Inauguration Day. My comment was in jest.

As to our system, I have experienced that as well. Got up early May 2 1997, after about 2 hours sleep, to get the coach up to Downing St. We had just about arrived when we got a phone call to say that we had to go for a bit of a tour around London to kill time. John Major's removal company had not finished.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Shares of A. G. Barr (legendary manufacturer of Irn Bru) soared on the possibility of him making Scotland his permanent residence, after all he will need to drink gallons of it to maintain that unique facial colour!

jim

Surely there are loads of tanning salons in the rougher parts of Glasgow to send him. :prankster:

A girl I knew who was from a small town in the middle of nowhere asked me why all the young girls in places like Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, etc were permanently orange and there were tanning salons and beauty parlours everywhere.

She was actually shocked when I told her that it was a way of money laundering. Drug dealer sets up girlfriend in business legitimately. Then all the dodgy money went through that till. Her mates get free tanning sessions to make it look legit. Quite clever and the police took ages to cotton on to it.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Informative/Useful 6