Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, melmerby said:

Beatles, I assume?

I am not really sure who did the original; or any covers. I just remembered the proper wording and tune of that line but none of the rest of the song. Go figure..

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, steve1 said:

No Exhibition Manager worth his salt would allow for that many extra operators!

steve

But they would be able to save a fortune on catering...

Just need a couple of fish and some bread.

Andi

• Like 1
  • Funny 17

20 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

I sure hope that Kirk did not give up his job as Captain of the starship Boobyprise! 😂

I think it was something to do with him having a contract with Star Trek so couldn't do any acting roles. The only thing he seems to have done was this, a low budget Western.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Comanche

A lot of the album is spoken word stuff like Shakespeare monologues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transformed_Man

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

I am not really sure who did the original; or any covers. I just remembered the proper wording and tune of that line but none of the rest of the song. Go figure..

Here's the Beatles original  (which was nicely parodied by John Fred & His Playboy band as "Judy in disguise with Glasses")

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

I think it was something to do with him having a contract with Star Trek so couldn't do any acting roles. The only thing he seems to have done was this, a low budget Western.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Comanche

That was the second-worst movie I ever saw.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

10 hours ago, The Johnster said:

After The Cassandra Crossing, presumably...

NO! Titanic 2...

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

machspeed.jpg.7706064350f55f6a0d9b3c1c3490e2f1.jpg

There’s a word that sums up the explanation to both how it does and the thinking process of the creator . . . vacuum 😁

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 31/03/2024 at 22:23, 5944 said:

FB_IMG_1711893917279.jpg.ad36c596a8b808b6c2ff19f55b66f9ce.jpg

Matthew 18:20. And Jesus said: "For where two or three are gathered together in my railway room, I am there among them, AND I'M DRIVING."

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

21 hours ago, 30801 said:

I wouldn't nomarlly post one of these, but this one is actually good.

434407937_815718593924253_708391461105073908_n.jpg.21318b621e0ceae3ce19c13d01207631.jpg

That reminds me...

From Jo Nova

Strange sightings of Batman and Robin have been occurring in London - Thousands of ULEZ (Ultra Low Emission Zone) cameras have been installed to record numberplates of offending older cars so their owners can be charged £12.50 for daring to drive a non-compliant car in London. This usually means any diesel car made before 2014 or a petrol car made before 2006, so the fines especially hurt low paid workers, students and retirees. The two masked crusaders have been seen helping the local bat population by installing homes for them in front of ULEZ cameras. Since bats are a protected species (unlike motorists) once the bat boxes are installed they can not be tampered with nor disturbed by law. Batman and Robin helpfully also place legal notices on the poles so workers coming to fix the cameras know they risk a six month jail sentence or an “unlimited” fine if they so much as touch the bat box.

image.png.237f1c3cc8d9f77af9ff32290dc9d128.png

Bat roosts have legal protection: Vigilante anti-ULEZ campaigners hang bat boxes on cameras to stop engineers fixing them

By Adam Toms and Rom Preston-Ellis, The Mirror

The £10 animal homes have been spotted attached to ULEZ devices in Chessington, Kingston upon Thames and North Cheam. ULEZ opponents say they are “positively contributing to London’s biodiversity and ecosystem”. One said: ”I’m sure whoever is behind it is extremely grateful to TfL for providing the poles to house this protected species.”

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Premium

A stupid idea, easily defeated.

The council could employ a person with a bat license, who could inspect the boxes to check of any bat activity and if none, seal the entrance and the council could remove the boxes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

57 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Apparently a vast majority of Londoners support ULEZ. 

Probably it's a case of more people support the person/people that came up with the idea rather than the idea...

More Londoners probably support Leyton Orient than ULEZ!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, CameronL said:

On a short break with SWMBO in the Lake District,  and visited the South Lakes Safari Zoo. They have a rhino there with a head at each end...20240402_1546362.jpg.78477dceef68c87684991b2e30724e65.jpg

I guess the left end is the lower tone horn? 

IMG_5965.jpeg.df975d6a67d8740c2a6112df4b7f2e6f.jpeg

Rhinos always lower the tone 

• Funny 7