Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Received from a colleague currently on a 12 month assignment in the sub-continent.  This was seen in his local branch of Coffee Day.  Coffee Day is an Indian chain similar, I guess, to Costa or Starbucks.

post-118-0-28809700-1357315588.jpg

One imagines the scene at the Coffee Day New Product Development Team meeting when this idea was first proposed. The executives sit around the table, strewn with beakers of mysterious coloured liquids and little paper sample cups. They taste it with trepidation. The room falls silent as the Beverage Development Task Force, having worked around the clock to prepare for this presentation, awaits their first official feedback.

“What the …. is this?” sputters the CEO.

“Brilliant!” says the Marketing Director. That’s just what we’ll call it!”

And so a product is born. Customers can choose between Orange WTF or Green WTF. Grab a 400-mL bottle today! One taste, and you’ll be saying “What the…?”

• Like 13

“What the …. is this?” sputters the CEO.

“Brilliant!” says the Marketing Director. That’s just what we’ll call it!”

And so a product is born. Customers can choose between Orange WTF or Green WTF. Grab a 400-mL bottle today! One taste, and you’ll be saying “What the…?”

I guess it was either that or "taste clever".

Picture taken (by my passenger) whilst passing a pub at Middleton Junction today.

(Sorry about the quality)

post-1161-0-91489900-1357770844.jpg

Bottom line reads

'Drop  him off here with spends

Open 12 - 12'

Edited by DerekEm8
  • Like 11

Picture taken (by my passenger) whilst passing a pub at Middleton Junction today.

(Sorry about the quality)

attachicon.gifPub.jpg

Bottom line reads

'Drop  him off here with spends

Open 12 - 12'

Anyone remember the Christmas episode of Father Ted where Father Jack was left to his own devices in the children's crèche at the shopping centre? :jester:

• Like 5

Over the last couple of weeks I've started taking my dog Fudge up to BMR with me and as part of getting him used to the sights, sounds and smells of the railway I take him on a ride or 2 each time. The pics below are from today, he was very calm riding in the coach but not too sure about the smoke from the steam loco that was hauling us.

post-7964-0-97046100-1358098050_thumb.jpg

post-7964-0-66876500-1358098087_thumb.jpg

(This one is now my background wallpaper on my laptop)

• Like 11

Didn't get a pic in the fog today unfortuanately, but one of those Transit ized pickups passed me today, loaded with a blue toiley (the sort that looks like an RAC box). The name on the side of the truck amused me:

KHAZEE mobile Toilets

Stewart

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Anyone remember the Christmas episode of Father Ted where Father Jack was left to his own devices in the children's crèche at the shopping centre? :jester:

love the bit where it cuts back to him slumped in the corner with the kids shouting "drink" "feck" "arse" and "girls" at him

D01AECE5-088B-47E7-AB5B-84F5684772E6-399

Edited by big jim
  • Like 4

Here in Poland, Lidl took out a lot of space on roadside advertising hoardings for New Year's fireworks and in the biggest writing possible was the word 'BUM'

This is Polish for 'boom'. Sadly, the posters disappeared quickly after the season's jollies and I was unable to photograph one.

At the beach this morning, there was a mother and son walking along. The son bent down, picked up a shell and asked his mother if he could take it home.

The mother asked him what would happen if everyone took home a shell from the beach.

'Well, there would be about seven billion shells less at the beach.'

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

After a long nights work, the new arrivals having one of their first feeds. All less than 5 hours old.

attachicon.gifa.jpg

Any chance of have a weekly photo update of progress?

(Some of us haven't had a litter in the 'family' since childhood!)

Kev.

From the Hunter's Lodge Hotel in Crewe in an advert for a Valentine's Night event:

JOIN US FOR AN EVENING OF LIVE SOLE MUSIC ...................

(Sounds a bit fishy to me!)

Edited by Ashcombe
  • Like 3

From the Hunter's Lodge Hotel in Crewe in an advert for a Valentine's Night event:

JOIN US FOR AN EVENING OF LIVE SOLE MUSIC ...................

(Sounds a bit fishy to me!)

Presumably, their big number would be "There's a plaice for us..."

(Come on, people, we can make this one run and run. We could end up having a whale of a time.)