The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=cJNn1FwjOQQ

Wildly amusing to a young student when I lived in North Carolina in the early 80s. A style of dancing to US beach music. One of the more interesting language differences between us and North America.

Was amusing that you could quite legitimately ask a girl in a nightclub "do you fancy a sh*g"

Neil

Looks like a more complicated version of Jive...

back to the subject:

SYBcanLOWjpg_resized_x_240.jpg

Never had the chance to use it, the only thing I have that might get a helping hand from it is the motorbike, but I can't get to the air intake to do so.

• Like 10

Not one of mine but...

post-16235-0-86550500-1351277986.jpg

(Fart is Danish for speed...in case you were wondering...)

There's a Biker Cafe in the Eifel called the "Cafe Fahrtwind"

Fahrtwind being the airflow when driving/ riding

• Like 1

Looks like a more complicated version of Jive...

back to the subject:

SYBcanLOWjpg_resized_x_240.jpg

Never had the chance to use it, the only thing I have that might get a helping hand from it is the motorbike, but I can't get to the air intake to do so.

Together with the one for when " it REALLY won't start!"

• Like 4

Wildly amusing to a young student when I lived in North Carolina in the early 80s. A style of dancing to US beach music. One of the more interesting language differences between us and North America.

Was amusing that you could quite legitimately ask a girl in a nightclub "do you fancy a sh*g"

Two nations divided by a common language.....

Only in the Kero-line-ass! (Carolinas)

Thanks in large measure to Austin Powers, the British meaning of shâg is understood in the US these days.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

• RMweb Premium

At work someone found a designer coat button ( ie not easily replaced ) and left it on a whiteboard with the words "Lost button" Three weeks later the button still isn't claimed but the board acquired a few more words.... :no:

post-6826-0-24873000-1351706034.jpg

• Like 12

Photo of our new granddaughter, Alice Marie, born today and weighing 8lbs 8oz. Photo taken on iPhone so quality not the best but certainly made us smile! Hope the kind folk on Early Risers will enjoy seeing her at last! post-10142-0-84323300-1351718927_thumb.jpg

'Alice - Marie' That calls out for a special named Pullman car all her own I think!!

• Like 1