Bachmann class 57/3 Network Rail livery

Swifty11

Bachmanns 57 is a good model, but I think maybe the "Thunderbird" grills that are where the serk shutters are, could be replaced with some bit more finer as the mesh used for it does look a little course ... Wonder if Bachmann have sorted out the missing pipework on the bogies

NL

• RMweb Premium

Bachmanns 57 is a good model, but I think maybe the "Thunderbird" grills that are where the serk shutters are, could be replaced with some bit more finer as the mesh used for it does look a little course ...

A well known etched product supplier (*) is on the case - with a view to retro-fitting the DRS 47's and 57/0's that have acquired similar radiator grilles.

Cheers,

Mick

(*) There are actually TWO etched product suppiers on the case...........

A well known etched product supplier (*) is on the case - with a view to retro-fitting the DRS 47's and 57/0's that have acquired similar radiator grilles.

Cheers,

Mick

(*) There are actually TWO etched product suppiers on the case...........

Hi Mick- yes thatd be good for 47853 in particular

NL

Tempted by one of these, although slightly outside my area (seem to operate from Eastleigh or Stowmarket), unless anyone knows if one or more has visited York (in NR livery)?

Never know one might? Maybe they will come on a charter,anyway I'm getting one even though I model north west.

I'm a member of I.b.i.s.i r.a.i.l

I built it so I run anything I like!

Works for me!

A good place to start swifty my be the Bachmann kuncle coupling which comes with the coal Wagons or BYA steel wagon.

A good place to start swifty my be the Bachmann kuncle coupling which comes with the coal Wagons or BYA steel wagon.

Hmm... Don't know I think ph designs, Shawplan e.t.c will make a replacement

Drs 57/3s have also had these grills fitted

Yes all the 57s more or less; some /0s, /3s and Firsts' /6s .. The Bachmann one will be pniged off when replacements are availiable ... for a challenge how about rebuilding the whole coupling? Bachmanns effort to me has always seen a bit "undernourished" ... something ill do if I ever get one of these models

NL

57004/009 so far. 47832/853 are also done. 47501/813 should be next.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick - must admit when I first saw 47853 back in August for the first time it looked a bit odd with the new grills ... maybe its just me, but good to see that 47s are still in use

NL

Yes all the 57s more or less; some /0s, /3s and Firsts' /6s .. The Bachmann one will be pniged off when replacements are availiable ... for a challenge how about rebuilding the whole coupling? Bachmanns effort to me has always seen a bit "undernourished" ... something ill do if I ever get one of these models

NL

I'm going to put new ones on mine, I'm hoping someone will make replacements as I have 3 and a 4th by Christmas!

• RMweb Gold

I gather that a part delivery arrived at Barwell and that they intended to hold them there until the rest arrived. I was given to understand that someone sent those out by mistake, hence very few dealers have them at present. The main load is presumably on its way from China so no need to panic if you have one ordered!

Godfrey

• 2 weeks later...

Archived