Bachmann class 57/3 Network Rail livery

Swifty11

Hello all,

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I can't find a thread for bachmanns new class 57/3 in the popular Network Rail bright yellow livery numbered 57312 and the product code is 32-761, I have seen the Bachmann page but I wanted see if anyone has the model and what it looks like. Also, does anyone know where you can buy new dellners? As Network rail has modified the couplings and the knuckle couplings applied 57301/303. All the rest of the NR fleet is fitted with a slightly modefied coupling, please view the article in the current Rail Exppress article for pictures.

If you have purchased one of these models please post a pic for allto see this fine new addition,

Thanks,

Swifty

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, I just wanted to see if there is any model shops that have any samples or the model. I'm looking forward to seeing your excellent layout at Stafford 2013, I will be filming it for my YouTube channel

I don't think we are going to Stafford in 2013 anymore I'm afraid.

I don't think we are going to Stafford in 2013 anymore I'm afraid.

Oh! I was really looking forward to seeing it At Stafford!

It does still say on your web site that it is going?!

• RMweb Gold

Oh! I was really looking forward to seeing it At Stafford!

It does still say on your web site that it is going?!

That's because the webmaster needs to update it - I'll give him a kick

Kick !

Ouch - Ok, I'll update it soon.

• RMweb Premium

This was the livery sample prototype in the Bachmann cabinet at the Ally Pally show back in March:

post-6910-0-00117600-1349391013_thumb.jpg

The current issue (October 2012) of Rail Express has a little review and a photograph of the production model which suggests they are on the boat and fairly iminent. They are probably going to sell out very, very fast when they arrive. Sods law of course that Bachmann are doing 57312 which since its annoncement is the only one to have received a name so the model is out of date already!!

That's because the webmaster needs to update it - I'll give him a kick

Kick !

Ouch - Ok, I'll update it soon.

Could you not just come instead as I would be sooo happy to see widnes

This was the livery sample prototype in the Bachmann cabinet at the Ally Pally show back in March:

post-6910-0-00117600-1349391013_thumb.jpg

The current issue (October 2012) of Rail Express has a little review and a photograph of the production model which suggests they are on the boat and fairly iminent. They are probably going to sell out very, very fast when they arrive. Sods law of course that Bachmann are doing 57312 which since its annoncement is the only one to have received a name so the model is out of date already!!

Im going to try and get ther ASAP when Hattons have them and buy one, thanks for the picture and yes it is our luck that the one model they make is the only named one! Honestly, do NR not think of railway modellers. I'm hoping somebody will make replacement del ers for the models as ALL of the models have a different coupler

appears they are hitting the shops since one is on ebay from a shop and olivia trains have them in stock so over the next week most shops will have them

Thanks,

I'm looking at the eBay one now and it's very expensive so I think I will wait until hattons have them and I'll check out olivias trains now.

The signal box have them too

I'm going to get one from Hattons or Penketh model centre as there my local shops and they are both some of the cheapest model shops

so does monk bar models in york, im collecting mine next week since ive delayed purchase of the class 67

I'll have a look how much are they?

What exactly does NR use these for ? Why would they sell out fast ?

They use them on engineers trains as well as unit drags, as they have dellners fitted then they can be used to haul units. You can also use them coupled to a 350 as they did do a 350 drag and also they are a popular class

• RMweb Premium

Plus the old 'anything painted yellow with a Network Rail logo on it = Ebay Profit' theory means the carpetbaggers will be hoovering these up for resale pretty quick.

Plus the old 'anything painted yellow with a Network Rail logo on it = Ebay Profit' theory means the carpetbaggers will be hoovering these up for resale pretty quick.

Sadly yes, there's bound to be people who do that, I just hope that nobody falls for there con work.

Also I saw a Hornby class 47 in network rail livery. I thought, your joking! And someone was bidding on it, it finished at £40!????? Some people just are in it for the money, it wasn't even re sprayed well! It was the worst painting I had ever seen!

Picked up mine from AC Models in Eastleigh yesterday...apparently they were only delivered the day before. Looks very nice indeed with a comprehensive bag of pipework to add and a separate box for a speaker, which should make fitting sound a breeze. The only error ( although not really an error) was the fact that the loco was named a few weeks back and now carries black "Peter Henderson" nameplates, but Bachmann cannot be blamed for missing this if it only just happened.post-11279-0-51833700-1349624460_thumb.jpg

Regards, Rich.

Picked up mine from AC Models in Eastleigh yesterday...apparently they were only delivered the day before. Looks very nice indeed with a comprehensive bag of pipework to add and a separate box for a speaker, which should make fitting sound a breeze. The only error ( although not really an error) was the fact that the loco was named a few weeks back and now carries black "Peter Henderson" nameplates, but Bachmann cannot be blamed for missing this if it only just happened.post-11279-0-51833700-1349624460_thumb.jpg

Regards, Rich.

Thanks Rich, I'm going to get the name plates on the Internet, Shawplan will probably make some, thanks for sharing the pic

Archived